Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Flowers that Symbolize Peace

  I was looking for things that symbolize peace, happiness.

    I ran into a book published in the 1920's The Flower Fairies. I wish I would have known about this book when I was a little girl. My Mom never believed in such things so probably why I never saw it at the library. There are several books and recently they have published a lovely book of all the books in one book. I think  I may purchase a copy.  Beautiful paintings and poems



Flowers for Peace  I found a site that lists 10 here

Lavender, Apple blossoms, Violets, Lotus flower, Peace lilies, Cosmo, White poppies, Pincushion, Peony, Chrismas Rose



  I am wondering if there will ever be complete Peace in the world-I am thinking probably not with humans involved.  So we must make Peace within ourselves and then be true to our own selves.


13 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely and would make a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom didn't believe in fairies or didn't believe in giving you books like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both-she didn't believe in fairies so would have not let me read a book about them

      Delete
  3. Just thinking about each of those ten flowers brings me happiness. How sad it would be to live in a world where there were no fairies (or Santa Claus). I so agree with your last statement. I will write it in my daily journal. Happy Tuesday to you, Kathy on the Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers, let's stay hopeful that one day there will be peace everywhere. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your book of flower fairies - amazing! Peonies are one of my favourites and it's lovely to know that they symbolise peace 😀. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there will never be peace in the world when people get involved. Too many people think their own beliefs are more important than other people's believes. That fairy book looks amazing. Glad you found something happy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Erika, too many have lost the art of listening and respecting what someone else has to say-most do Not want to change someone else's opinions on something-they just want to voice their own opinion-and especially in this country we used to have that freedom-that is slowly going away.
      I just ordered the book-I think it will make me happy-I look forward to the poems too

      Delete
  7. Beautiful book. Dreaming of magical place can help a person through tough times. I loved faerie stories as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit