Saturday, August 7, 2021

A Journal Entry for-- AJJ-Type & A little Update Added

 Good morning Saturday,

    I finished up late afternoon yesterday going through the big pile of soil-so decided to take this morning off for a break.

   Caught up with paying the bills and then remembered I was intrigued with this month's theme Type from Neet for Art Journal  Journey

   I went into my papers stash and found a map of Lake in the Ozarks and thought perfect-there are different type and fonts on the map, and I mixed up different stamp fonts for the letters. This is my last page too for this journal-and it has been fun. All of these pages were for AJJ over the last couple of years, which got me into this form of art.

   I also grabbed a trout stamp and one of my favorite new stamps-two girls enjoying sitting on the dock with their toes in the water. Thinking me and my German slow mail friend Iris-as she enjoys my lake photos so much-hugs Iris  Also I made a two page entry.

  These pages are probably not all that creative but I had fun with it and it fills up my journal pages-smiles


Ha Ha Tonka is one of my favorite Missouri state parks I originally wanted to find a lake house closer to this park but the water was not very deep in most places by the houses and way way out of our price range too The park is about 45 minutes from us now, I still visit it at least once a year as my sister in law loves this park too


The map below shows the area where we live on the lake




   Enjoy your weekend!!

PS I meant to share photos of my finished journal



and if you enjoy my weekly cast iron posts-see my previous post-

30 comments:

  1. What a fun spread Kathy. The stamped image of the ladies on the dock made me smile. And I see lots of type here too. Even the background map works perfect. Thanks for sharing this at AJJ for Neet's type challenge. Hope you're having a nice weekend! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy I love your artwork as I love maps, great colours, we watch the program Oxarks, scary but loved the scenery.
    Have a great weekend
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan thank you much-I haven't seen that program You have an awesome weekend too

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy - I never thought of a map as using lots of different fonts but when I do I remember, it is so. I haven't got one handy at the moment but I do recall the different place names and rivers etc all use different fonts.
    Love your pages and the girls on the dock are fabulous. They certainly look to be enjoying themselves sitting there with their feet in the water.
    Thanks for a great double page spread for the 'tye' theme at AJJ.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neet-your theme was an awesome one-the map was perfect-hugs

      Delete
  4. I love your pages Kathy, and that's a super stamps you used.
    Happy weekend,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely wonderful spread and such good Idea to use map pages with all those different fonts. Ha Ha Tonka sounds like a happy place to visit. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us at Art Journal Journey and Neet's 'Type' theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect ending for your journal. And, it IS very creative! Like the others I love those stamps. Yay for you and Iris! Have a great weekend and rest up a bit from all the hard work you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank yo Mary and we are back to the 90's again today too--I am churning up some keto vanilla ice cream will be good with the fresh peaches

      Delete
  7. I love the toe dipping stamp! Very nice pages, creative and cheery. I am glad to read you took a break from the yard work. You've done a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I love that stamp too-I found it on etsy she had a whole series of stamps with these ladies. felt good to get that pile of soil all sorted out. next week on to moving rocks in place

      Delete
  8. Lovely journal spread Kathy, glad you had fun with it. Your journal looks super, too. have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your journal is awesome! I had no idea your lake was so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-that is only one little section-the west side of the lake. lake in the ozarks shoreline is 1,150 miles long

      Delete
    2. That's amazing-it's so rugged looking from the map. It must be an incredibly beautiful place to live!

      Delete
    3. Yes when we retired Larry did not want to live some place that was totally flat-this area has allot of rock, woods, hills and hollars, curvy roads etc. There is woods surrounding this area of the lake for sure and probably most of the lake I would think. there are areas that are very very rural-but I wanted a place that would take less than an hour to go food shopping. we are acutally more rural around us than our woods house is. the main town where I shopped had everything you would want-here we have no large stores nearby at all except the wal mart which is a very small wal mart about half an hour away. no large hardware type stores nearby unless we want to drive to a very very busy and congested town-no thank you haha

      Delete
  10. Hi Kathy sorry its been a while since I called in here. I love this fantastic journal page and those two ladies sitting on the dock. The styles of type are lovely and its great inspiration for Neet's theme over at Art Journal Journey.
    Hope you are keeping safe and well
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, many congratulations on finishing your journal 😀. I love your pages, the stamped images are perfect for those map papers! The trout and dock with toes in the water made me smile. Wishing you a lovely new week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite spreads in your entire book. I think you saved the best to last. I love that you also shared the completed book, too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Neet's theme. This is a great take on her theme, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy your journal pages are so pretty. Isn't it grand when we finish a project? I am working on finishing up my sketchbook this month. Hopefully I will do so. :)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does feel good to have this journal filled up. Good luck with your sketch book-hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit