Thursday, August 26, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays Veggies

 Welcome to this week's recipes using cast iron. 

  This week has gone by with a blurr as it has been sooo hot here, I am so hoping next week will bring us out of the extreme heat.

    Thought this week I would look for and share veggie dishes using your iron skillets, found on the Epicurious site.

Skillet charred Summer Beans with Miso Butter




One Skillet Roasted Butternut Squash with Chick Peas


Skillet Bruschetta with Beans and Greens



Blackened Cabbage with Kelp Brown Butter



Cast Iron Mushrooms

To close I found this yummy looking dish-Roasted Red Pepper Fritatta Made with red bell peppers, onion, potatoes, eggs ( the potatoes were German butterball potatoes-not sure what those are, I would use a red potato)



Hoping this gives you some veggie ideas to make in your cast iron skillets

   Thought I would post a little early this week-Enjoy your Friday and Weekend.

 There is a huge boating event happening on the lake starting tomorrow (Friday) They will raise allot of money for the non-profits in the area-so we will be seeing allot of boats on this end of the lake I am sure.

13 comments:

  1. Veggies are always boring here, and I don’t even own one piece of cast iron cookware. Perhaps I should get at least one just for veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one cast iron skillet would give you loads of recipes to use with it-even brownies

      Delete
  2. The food looks so yummy Kathy. I like to brown up my green beans before adding water to steam them, but I bet adding the miso flavored butter would be delicious. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's a neat idea to brown up the beans first-thanks-happy weekend

      Delete
  3. Roasted red pepper fritatta looks good. Thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the roasted frittata would he delicious. Thank you for such a delightful assortment of recipes. Hope you enjoyed the boat gathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I really like that recipe too. Yes I watched the events on tv-and photos etc on facebook--too hot and crazy for us seniors haha

      Delete
  5. I'm a vegetarian, so these all sound good, with the possible exception of the cabbage and kelp butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning Elizabeth I was thinking of you when I posted this

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit