Friday, August 6, 2021

Cast Iron Saturday-Dips in Cast Iron

 Hi everyone, This is the first week in the last month of Summer-can you believe it??

    I can not haha.  Am thinking fall will be here before I know it-which is my most favorite season of the year. and once it cools off perfect for using cast iron for cooking, grilling, baking outdoors.

     This week I am sharing recipes for dips made in our cast iron.

Velveeta Quesso

   I am not real big on using Velveeta cheese, but I know many do use this for dips, so thought I would share this recipe-looks good too.





Spinach Artichoke Dip 

   I love dips similiar to this one-recipe sounds delicious-to thicken for gluten free could use Bob's Red Mill instant mashed potatoes-my new thickner-or gf flour, cornstarch etc.


Here is link for 17 cast iron skillet dips-they all sound amazing

    Here is a link to one of them Baked caramelized onion dip w/ gruyere cheese



Skillet Jalapeno Crab and Corn Dip  this one looks good too-site not letting me share the photo


  To end with a sweet-Banana Split Smores Dip---yum



  Happy Friday and Weekend everyone! PS I finished going through that big pile of soil today-late afternoon-Happy Dancing, next up moving rock and concrete chunks

11 comments:

  1. So much yumminess here! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimimi, no, I don´t want to believe it´s the last week of... aw, well. Cold today again. This is no summer, temp-wise.

    Hmmm... cheese! And black beans - this went to my cooking list, thank you :-)
    No lake pics? ;-) Well the background of your blog cheers me up always. Have a great weekend!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you still have not had warm weather-wondering what your winter will be like

      Delete
  3. The dips all look delicious! Yes, Summer is almost over, noticing that the days are already so much shorter. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found this post-many saw my journal page but missed this one. I have noticed too that the light is a bit shorter now hugs

      Delete
  4. Now I feel very hungry. Your cast iron posts always do that to me. The cheese dip looks good. We do like velvetta in dips. And, how about the banana split s'mores dip. Now that's perfect for a fall outing! Happy Dancing for sure! But, ugh on the rocks and concrete chunks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that banana split smores looked really good. I will love fall when it arrives-but so much to do before winter--did you get your hay in?

      Delete
  5. Yes Kathy, I'm running farm, far behind., Sorry about that. The harder I try to catch up, the farther behind I get. Ive never bought Velveeta, so I am not a fan. However, that spinach dip and the onion dip sound wonderful. I would gladly round it out with that banana split s'mores dip. Thanks for sharing these recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit