Monday, August 23, 2021

Good Morning Monday

   Just popping in to say hello.

     We are in for another very hot and humid week. I have had to stop my work with moving rocks as I have really messed up my bad knee. It's really bad this time.

  Kept off it yesterday, keeping ice packs on it through out the day, and then the knee brace I have. This knee has torn cartilage from about 20 plus years ago-and I have just babied it and been careful. With the rocks I was watching out for my lower back never thinking about my knees.  I was doing pretty well with walking, til I had to carry down a large bag of ice down the hill and the stairs when I went grocery shopping Sunday morning early. The stores near me don't sell the smaller bags just these huge bags and I hadn't realized before how heavy they are. The ice maker quit working last year in the frig so I have been buying ice. Of course we use more during the summer months.

   Larry just walked in and has had an accident-something snapped and one of his arms has a long cut underneath-He shouldn't be out there working in this high heat and humidity especially by himself any more, but he is not one for sitting around when a job needs to be completed-the dock. I wish mother nature was not throwing out this extreme heat again.

   Saturday I decided I needed a craft room day, so I stamped up a dozen cards from cardstock. Mostly for fall and a few to finish up with the summer. I have several slow mail blog friends I mail to, so is why I am not sharing a photo. I was pretty happy with my new hand stamped cards-and I used my watercolor pencils too. A fun craft day.

   I have been doing allot of reading in the evenings. Finished up a book The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau. I have read this author's other books and have enjoyed them-this one I picked up a year or so ago when it was on sale and just found out it is a series with two more books, I would never spend the current price of  around $12.00 for an ebook.   I know nothing about very early English history and the catholic church at that time, so I had a difficult time getting through this book not knowing what was true from the fiction.  I did like the plot and the characters, so would pick up the other two if they should go on sale



   I don't remember now who suggested the following book but was from one of the blogs that I visit-thank you I am really enjoying this book. 

     World of Wonders in Praise of Fireflies Whale Sharks and Other Astonishments   by Aimee Nezhukumatahil


  This is a beautifully written and illustrated book

    I found the below review on Ebay--and is where I found a good price for a hardcover copy.

"Aimee Nezhukumatathil's World of Wonders is the first book to make me feel like a firefly as much as it reminds me I'm still a black boy playing in Central Mississippi woods. The book walks. It sprints. It leaps. Most importantly, the book lingers in a world where power, people, and the literal outside wrestle painfully, beautifully. This book is a world of wonders. This book is about to shake the Earth." -- Kiese Laymon

Have a good Monday

   

10 comments:

  1. Yes, you must take care of that knee! Rome wasn't built in a day, you know! I am sorry about Larry's accident. It IS way too hot to be out doing much today. It is miserable here. I may just take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and Larry both take it easy for yourself to heal, especially in the heat. And your books sound interesting. Especially the second one. I am going to go check it out. Thanks for sharing them Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read both you and Larry are not doing well, Too bad his helper didn't show up. You might need help with the rocks before it's all over. I'm at the point where I'm considering asking for help with my yard because of this intense heat we're going through. Please take care.







    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and here I sit with a hot cup of tea, in a jumper.
    In the hottest month of the year. Bummer.
    Hope you two are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks it is sooo hot here I would gladly share some of this heat with you 98 degrees f actual temperature plus humidity

      Delete
  5. More craft room days would be good in this weather! We are having the same weather, and we have learned the hard way not to be out there exerting ourselves. It’s hard, there’s always so much to do, but we can no longer do it all at our ages. Would love to see your cards, especially those done with watercolor pencils!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit