Thursday, August 26, 2021

A Journal Page for AJJ-Type

   This morning after reading a bit and getting the big pork roast into the oven, I wanted to do one more journal page for the theme Type for AJJ, and I wanted to place this in as the first page for my newest journal book-A big German Cookbook (photos of this book in previous post)

   I really did not have a plan in mind-I usually don't, I just go through my paper stash and see what inspires me.

   Found this fun ale label that was actually an ad in a magazine. Then deciding about the theme, I found another of those wipes that I used when I was trying out painting, thought would be fun to stamp on and picked up some of the same colors in the label. Grabbed some different sizes of letter stamps-and decided on a summer theme of words.

I am submitting this to the Art Journal Journey page for the theme Type





16 comments:

  1. Fun page, Kathy, thanks for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, I am mostly a fiber artist-but these are fun little art pieces

      Delete
  2. That really is a fun art page - love owls and this one is great. Love his eyes and his feathers are a gorgeous colour. I think he has had one or two beers as his hair is standing up on his head, a sure sign when an owl has reached his limit. Great facing page with all those words and a super background.
    Thanks for joining in with my theme at Art Journal Journey kathy.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start for your new journal, I think I need some letter stamps. Your cast iron veggies look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun label Kathy. That owl is a riot. And all those letters on your page are perfect for Neet's challenge at AJJ. Nice new book to use as journal too. Thanks for sharing, and happy FRiday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks the Erika, the owl has me smiling for sure-would love to see him on the actual cans of ale.

      Delete
  5. A super page Kathy! That's a fabulous label, I love the owl.
    Happy weekend to you,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beuautiful work! so cute the owl
    Have a happy weekend, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely perfect first entry in your new journal/cookbook. This turned out great and all the different fonts you used were simply perfect for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful fun page Kathy, that owl makes me smile today, its a fantastic piece for Neet's theme over at AJJ, thanks for linking there.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit