Sunday, August 22, 2021

Belgium Waffles

   Larry had requested Belgium waffles last week, so I decided to wait and make them when our friend-worker was coming. Sadly he cancelled on us-again  We so need to get this dock finished before winter. sigh

  I split the recipe in two different bowls to make one gluten free. They always turn out so delicious. When we first retired and moved down to Missouri Larry bought me a really nice Belgium waffle maker-so we could have them at home.

  First photo is the unbleached white wheat flour


For toppings we have fresh peaches, homemade maple syrup (one of our Wisconsin friends that lives in Green Bay Wi harvests and makes this-so good), cottage cheese, and also a thick preserve
    I also found thick slices of ham in the freezer-made a nice meal Which was our first heavy carb meal in a few months.


Gluten free plate The Bob's Red Mill 1-1 GF flour works really well 


  The leftovers we toast and spread with a natural peanut butter and jam, or I dug out the huckleberry honey I brought back in 2017 near Yellowstone  Park.


Happy Sunday and New Week    My area is in for another week of extreme heat and humidity-well it is still summer (smiles)

16 comments:

  1. Your waffles look sooo good. Kathy, my mouth is watering. Here it's cold and rainy again, but I don't mind it. I read your last pot, too, and although I don't agree with you, you have a right to speak up for what you believe in. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Valerie, these waffles were a wonderful treat.
      and thank you so much-I believe the same everyone has a right to speak up for what they believe in and respect each other in the process-hugs

      Delete
  2. Those waffles are fit for a queen and king. The helper missed out on a wonderful meal. I'll bring some real whipping cream and we will have a real feast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't imagine how badly I want one of the gf waffles with peanut butter and jam. Our old waffle iron played out a long time ago, so we may have to invest in a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary-it was sooo good-and we each had left overs for two days. I really enjoy the Belgium waffle maker that we have I need to make these more often for us

      Delete
  4. Those waffles look very yummy Kathy. I bet the gluten free ones didn't taste any different from the "normal" flour ones. Bob's and King Arthur make perfect gluten free flours. I bet you both enjoyed that meal. Happy new week Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Yes we really did enjoy this meal very much. and they are fun to make too. Bob's and King Arthur both make an excelled gluten free flour blend. You have a happy new week too-hugs

      Delete
  5. Absolutely ages since I have eaten waffles. I think the combination with peaches and cottage cheese sounds really nice. I am so looking forward to September and some cooler weather. I just don't feel like doing much in this heat. I hope you haven't had any of those awful forest fires where you are. Very surprised you received my letter so quickly. Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know sometimes the international mail goes through really fast and sometimes not.
      I hadn't made waffles in ages either perhaps a year or so. enjoy your new week

      Delete
  6. Oh my, those waffles look so good! I'll take fresh peaches and maple syrup on mine please ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love waffles. Butter is as far as I get before they are gone. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now my sweet tooth really said good bye ;-) Cheese, please.
    They look great, I´d just do it the hearty way. Glad we´re not all the same and there is that variety!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit