Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Weaving Project Update

   Good afternoon Friends

     I spent most of the morning today finishing up the tie up for my loom. She is now ready to weave. I need to look at why the harness's are not going back down all the way-the tie up down to the pedals. 

     On the last tie though I couldn't believe I had two very very short ends (yarn)-the last one. I knew this side was not going to be even do to a bit of shifting in the move, and when I glanced over all the threads before tying did not catch these. sigh-nothing I could have done at this point though unless I wanted to unwind and retie the ends on the back-nope that could cause more issues since this is a finer warp than I usually use. So I tied on yarn to those two ends so I could get it tied on.

     I use these soft denim strips to even out the warp a bit before weaving, it would waste the nicer yarn if I used it in this area.

   On this end of the loom for tying, I needed to cut the yarns to make single yarns


Getting Started-I work inwards from the two sides


These yarns will be the weft. The green and blue baby alpaca that my friend bought in Peru, the organic cotton and the fine blue mohair.

  These are ready to weave-to the left-organic cotton-same as warp with fine blue mohair, blue baby alpaca with the fine blue mohair, and the green baby alpaca with the fine blue mohair


   The green and blue baby alpaca that my friend bought in Peru when she visited, the organic cotton and the fine blue mohair. She bought this yarn in a small village after visiting the alpacas and their operation.


All tied up-front of loom


blue denim scraps to even out threads before weaving the shawl 


  While working on this I had our corn beef dinner and cabbage boiling on the stove with a couple small red potatoes.  Tomorrow morning is my dentist appointment for my broken tooth. It is at least an hour drive or longer to the dentist depending on how heavy the traffic is, so decided would be easier to cook today and we can eat left lovers tomorrow.   I also have cornbread and bean soup left overs I made yesterday.

   Baked in my square cast iron pan. Delicious.


  Happy New Week Everyone

19 comments:

  1. I’m exhausted just following your loom photos and story. It will be so beautiful! Hope your dentist appointment goes well. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your how-to explanations and pictures are so good, but, like Barbara, I feel exhausted. Hopefully, you have finished the really difficult part and can now enjoy the weaving. I am so excited to see this. The yarns are wonderful and will make a beautiful shawl. Delicious looking corn bread! now I am starved for a piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some lubricant for all the little pulleys and then I can get serious about weaving

      Delete
  3. Wonderful food, and very interesting to see how the loom is set up. Hope the trip to the dentist goes well. Take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never eaten or made cornbread. I have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The corn bread looks heavenly. I hope all goes well at the dentist. So exciting about the weaving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the corn bread is always so good hot out of the oven I am excited too

      Delete
  6. thanks this is all very pretty yarn hadn't made corn bread in awhile always so good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh-oh, broken tooth! Shake hands with my Hubby! He could at least walk there. Your bread looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in catch up mode as I missed most people's post yesterday. Seems like Wednesday was a popular day for posts. I really like the color yarn you are using, and what a great thing to buy in Peru. I think those colors work together well. That cornbread looks yummy too. I've made a few loafs of bread lately, but maybe it is time for cornbread as it's been awhile. Thanks for that idea Kathy. Hope you stay dry. We've got rain moving in this afternoon and tonight also. But better than cold and snow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, there does seem to be allot of posts on wednesdays we are still getting soooo much rain here-floods will be next in the low areas. we are getting down to the 20's again tonight and tomorrow

      Delete
  9. You are doing a fabulous job with your weaving and showing us along the way what it entails, I hate to throw this into the mix. But I thought you might like to join this free event:

    https://www.karenabend.com/sketchbook-revival-2021/

    Happy belated St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The loom looks challenging ~ I remember doing a small project in HS and I enjoyed it. You picked my favorite colors too, blue and green :) Enjoy the rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weaving is one of those crafts you just need to fall in love with the whole process I never thought of it as "work" I don't weave if I am tired though

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit