Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Happy Easter and Passover Everyone

   It doesn't seem possible that these two religious holidays are upon us already.

       Sooo are you hosting your holiday dinner?  I was on the look out for fresh strawberries this week as I plan to make angel food cakes for us along with keto churned ice cream and strawberries for dessert.  Sadly when I shopped at our small Wal mart nearby the strawberries looked terrible. So this morning I went to the local grocery store near me called G2 which is where I buy our fresh meat now, and I couldn't believe it that their strawberries were in worse shape than Wal mart's were and these were their special for the week-very sad. I decided to check out their frozen fruits and picked up a mixed bag of fruits along with frozen strawberries. Hopefully those will be better than what the fresh looked like.

  Hubs was with a friend last week and was shown where a large Amish country store was located. I knew about it but just hadn't searched out where it was located yet.  Probably about 45 minutes drive from us-but he said I wouldn't believe it-it was huge like a regular hometown grocery store. So I am anxious to check this out one day. Am hoping they will also sell fresh fruits and veggies this summer for canning and freezing.

  I was looking for a small beef roast but didn't find one so I picked up a very small smoked ham instead. Will serve with a large fresh salad, and probably green and yellow beans-that I found frozen today. and our dessert. I will be baking up my farm girl Grandma's Yellow angel food cake recipe-we really love it, and using gluten free flour for my cake turns out really well too. So I will be baking up two cakes.




  



 and thank you's for the lovely slow mail in my box this week I am so enjoying all of my dear pen pals 

    Every day now, I look for something in my life, each day to be grateful for, probably since I am in my 70's now and reflecting the past, I am also working towards appreciating life more-mostly the little things. 

    Today I am especially thankful that my husband just received hearing aids in the mail-very high tech hearing aids. When he was in his late teens his ear drums had gotten damaged and all his life since he has had horrible very loud tinnitus in his ears, never silence since that day-I can't even manage keeping sane and not being angry at the world.  He just recently discovered a company that makes these hearing aids that pretty much eliminates the very loud ringing in his ears. Designed for the military, these also automatically protect your ears when a very loud noise goes off close to you. What a break through. He has them on now, making sure they fit right and adjusting things-but he is telling me all the things he can hear now-the furnace coming on, the coffee brewing.  I am almost crying I am so thankful for this miracle for him.


I picked up these pretty yellow tulips when I was grocery shopping-they were marked down since the leaves were beginning to turn yellow-I will cut those off soon and enjoy these as they fully open up


and we have been enjoying a gorgeous full moon over the lake the last few days, tonight though brings us freeze warnings.



Happy Holidays Everyone!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Kathy :-) It will be a rather quiet Easter for us although we will have lunch with my daughter and grand-daughter on Good Friday. It will be so nice to leave the cooking to someone else for a change as it is I will be taking my lunch with me as I have to stick to a bland diet still. I am so very glad your husband has be able to fix his hearing with a new hearing aid. It must be awful having to put up with a constant ringing or other sounds day by day! Lovely tulips such beautiful flowers . Those full moon shots over the lake are quite stunning and with that unusual red/orange tinge to it. Enjoy your holiday Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda sounds like a nice Easter though being with family members. This is such a blessing for him-today first day still getting used to hearing things. Happy Easter

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter to you also Kathy. It will be just myself and the hubby this Easter, but that is OK. I hope your frozen berries will work.I am looking for some too, but I won't get to the market until either tomorrow or Friday. Have a wonderful day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-I was looking for a small steak today or something beef for the two of us but didn't see anything that looked good. I am hoping that the frozen strawberries will be good too I made a batch of vanilla ice cream but tomorrow I am thinking of making strawberry ice cream. Happy Easter

      Delete
  3. You are the best when it comes to preparing meals, whether for every day or for special days. This is a great post. Being thankful for something in our life each day really does keep the important things right up front in our hearts. I have needed hearing aides forever so long, but just keep putting it off. I had promised myself that I would have a pair by the time the whip-poor-wills began to call, but it's not going to happen this year. Maybe next! Slow mail is such fun! Thank you for getting this going. Your cards are lovely! I am worried about freezing temps tonight...lots of fruit trees are in full bloom around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you can get your hearing aids soon I loved listening to the whip poor wills-I need to find their calls online. that made me smile-hugs. I had never heard them before we moved to Missouri. I know that seems to happen too many times-warms up gets the blooms on the trees and then zapped with a freeze--we are not that far ahead yet-no leaves or blooms on trees as of yet in my area. I am really enjoying the slow mail allot too-little surprises in my mail box Happy Easter

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter
    The hearing aids sound like a miracle. I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Laurie-hugs I will love your card when ever it arrives

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit