Thursday, March 18, 2021

Bit of a Weaving Update

   I thought I would pop in with a little weaving update.

Yesterday on the way to the dentist I did pick up a can of the silicone lubricant spray but decided that was not a good idea to use with the loom set up for weaving.  So I went through all of the tie ups and changed a few things, and the harness's are working much better although not as smooth as they should be-but will be ok for this project.

I wove in a few cotton rags to level out the weaving space and just started with a few throws. This will be 4 inches maybe 6 inches on each end of the scarf I will decide when I get to the 4 inches. The yarn for this is the cotton used for the warp along with blue angora


It is late in the day now so will start back up on this tomorrow.

   Early this morning I made up gluten free and regular batches of chocolate chip cookies so am off to bake those now.

  The other day I had gotten woken up at 4 am to loud hail. One of my photos turned out


Lots of rain most of the day today along with a bit of snow flakes. 

  Happy Friday and weekend 

7 comments:

  1. So...did the dentist go well? Your weaving sounds like progress, but not without challenges. Rain, but no hail here in the NE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some rain now, and it might turn to snow tonight. Ugh! I hope not. Sounds like you had a busy day. Hope you get weaving tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when we had snow today-but it melted as it the ground. I am hoping to settle in to weaving too tomorrow-happy weekend

      Delete
  3. Yes very unsettled-I keep telling myself it's not spring til the 20th haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the blue angora woven in. This is going to be so beautiful. Tomorrow will be an exciting day at the loom, I think. It's cold here today with a wind chill that quickly put an end to my outdoor work. I even wore double pants when I went out walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still really cold here too. wow it's no fun for me anymore if it's cold outdoors. I just don't want to get down with a cold or get congested. my gluten free cookies turned our really good tonight-yum. I just keep a few out in cookie jars and freeze the rest.
      I really love this fine angora too-hoping I have enough of it, if not I will leave it out in the middle of the scarf.

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit