Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Good Morning Weaving Video & Progress

    Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday,

I wanted to make more progress on the shawl this morning so was weaving for about an hour and decided-I need to play with the tie up a little more-on the pedals- so I can get the harness's on the one pedal to rise more even.

Success  I have to pat myself on the back for this as I am not someone that is good at figuring out puzzle situations like this. So I am happy for being able to figure out what I can do for a smoother-and faster weaving.

  This room is off the kitchen and main door to the house and has turned into a little bit of everything that didn't fit into my craft room or elsewhere-so ignore the messy background



This is where I found handmade shuttles, they also have other weaving tools and knitting tools that they make-and are all hand sourced from dead trees on their property or nearby 


   It's around 12:30 in the afternoon now and I have made enough weaving progress that you can now see what the back side of the shawl looks like as the finished cloth winds on to the front. This is really a pretty pattern



    When I was learning to weave back in 1978 in Denver Colorado the teacher suggested picking up the book Handweaver's Pattern Book by Marguerite Porter Davison I have one of the first editions of this book and has been re published many times since.  Just about anything one would want to learn about pattern options for a 4 harness loom is in this book.


27 comments:

  1. Your weaving looks fantastic, a great achievement! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weaving is something I wish I had learnt a long time ago, at least when we had a house large enough; but I do enjoy seeing others. I do like the colours you are using. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kathy, this is just luscious woven cloth! I love the colors. Your friend who receives what you are making is very lucky indeed! I’m sure she will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, I like the back side of the project as well as the front side. Both sides are truly lovely. I really, really LOVE those colors together, too. I watched your video and I think I understood it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I will see if can do that I don't have a way to set up the camera to not to be holding it

      Delete
    2. Just sent you a video this morning (thursday)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful piece and so glad that you were able to figure out how to correct the problem'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous woven cloth and a lovely pattern. Amazing weaving process it still looks complicated to me. The video clip is great it gives me a better idea of the process. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post? Oh wow, the pattern is beautiful. I love everything about this oh-so-gorgeous cloth. If I could do this, I think I would build a great fire and dance around and around it shouting to the world, "I MADE CLOTH." You know kind of like Tom Hanks did in CastAway. You should pat yourself on the back. You have done good, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours and patterns Kathy! It's going to be a stunning cosy shawl when it's finished. It must be very satisfying work.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your woven shawl looks so amazing! I love the pattern and colours too 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit