Tuesday, March 2, 2021

A Single Flower for AJJ

   We have a pretty day today, a bit chilly but I will take the sunshine. Almost a month ago now I broke a tooth in the back upper area. It was a strange break-just the side and inside-if that makes sense. It was during the time when we were iced and snowed in. I had no pain, didn't hurt at all but it just started to over the weekend.  To hopefully keep an infection away I am taking oil of wild oregano or Oreganol is the herbal brand I use.  It works pretty well at keeping things in check til I can get to the dentist. No openings for two weeks so good thing I called today.

   I wanted to make a page in my journal for AJJ's theme this month-A single Flower.     I also wanted to keep it simple and to use greens for March-St Patrick's Day and greens for spring.

   I went into my magazine pages that I have saved in a big folder and found the green daffodil in a Brecks catalog, and the background is grass clipped from a magazine page.  The green rabbit is from a notepad I picked up at Current Inc. of different colors and shapes of bunnies. I searched for a poem online with a single flower, and this one I think is also a poem of Hope (I shared the first sentence of the poem)




When it's not cloudy we have been enjoying a lovely full moon These were taken indoors through those glass windows and I had the lights on to help get a night photo



Enjoy your first week of March

10 comments:

  1. oh wow thank you for tip about rubbing the oil into feet faster absorption I am thinking.
    I have only seen the green daffodils in magazines or catalogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your tooth, and a dentist with an opening in case the tooth acts up. Two weeks feels like a long wait.

    Beautiful journal page, the green grasses sing spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-they did put me on a list in case someone cancels thank you the journal page was fun to put together

      Delete
  3. The beautiful green daffodil is perfect for your journal page. I love the quote. The sunshine has been wonderful today, after such a cloudy day yesterday. I just have not wanted to stay inside today and do the work that was needing done. I hope the oregano oil helps keep away infection and pain until your appointment. I think I need to invest in some of the oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I learned about this oregano oil years ago on the Voice. one of the contestants had gotten a really bad sinus infection and he said he was pumping himself with oil of oregano. looking into I learned Oreganol is the best one to use. I always keep a bottle on hand.
      we had beautiful sunshine here today too-but a bit too chilly for me to be outdoors.

      Delete
  4. Pretty orangey color to that moon. Good luck at the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your tooth. Ugh. Wonderful artwork and moon photos. (The moon was behind the trees so I couldn't get any good photos of it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anne, if this is going to be one of those 1000.00 dollars to fix I will have it pulled instead. I can't usually get a good moon shot as my camera doesn't take night photos so was happy I got this one

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed how you put that journal page together. It's lovely because I have never seen a green daffodil before. Thanks for sharing this spring inspired journal page with us at Art Journal Journey using Sheila's theme.

    Sorry to read about your tooth. There is nothing more painful, so I hope someone cancels and you can get in sooner.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit