Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Tuesday Watching the Eagles

  It was a very cold day today. Very low teens all morning and then it did warm up a bit to 30 degrees f but still very windy.
   While I was drinking a cup of hot tea early this morning while sitting at the kitchen table I heard the eagle singing. Wow the eagle must be close.

   So I looked out the wall of windows facing the lake and there he was-sitting close by at the neighbor's to the right of our dock-this is the direction of the sunrises.



This was very fun since he was sitting lower and so close. I didn't see him take off.  Looked up at that tree across the road and the pair were sitting together-which they don't always do-this was a bit blurry-sorry (the photo below)

 A little bit after I took this photo I finally got to see one of them fly off-they just drop out of the tree and then fly-he headed to the lake and flew around there for awhile. Seagulls were in the area flying around too-they must not have been hungry.


They were very vocal today as well. The male came back and then he landed up higher in this tree. When I went back out around 2 in the afternoon to get the mail out of the mailbox-Wow Three eagles were flying around overhead for a bit and then went into the woods in the middle of this circle road.  Last summer we saw a young eagle so I am guessing the family was out and about today.

Very fun-I am easily entertained haha

12 comments:

  1. I agree wth Laurie, very exciting! We see one now and then, but nothing like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is pretty amazing. I think these eagles must have a nest nearby. That is also amazing. Hope it warms up, we're into the real cold right now too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS My second graders and I use to watch the entire cycle of eagles hatching their eggs on line as a unit of study! We all loved it!!!

      Delete
  3. Your last words sure made me chuckle :-)
    I´ve never seen an eagle for real, it must be awesome, but, eeek... all the grey, I really can´t wait for spring (it looks the same over here, minus the snow - or a beautiful lake). Hugs from here, Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, I am totally envious, I would so love to see eagles here! Thanks for sharing! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to get to see them regularly. I remember how excited I would get when a pair wintered over in our neighborhood. Doesn't happen too ogten as we are not near a river here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just magnificent. How lucky you are to have them living nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 😮 I never thought of eagles singing. Just thought they made a screech kind of noise. Awesome to see these beauties in your backyard. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That _is_ close! How exciting to be able to count on seeing them so regularly :) I hope they nest there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO! I would have enjoyed every moment also!!! So majestic!! I awoke to the hoot of an owl. This is odd as I don't live in a really rural area like you...but my park is next to a river and I've seen him before on my walks....so I took his hoooting as a good morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow to see eagles that close is wonderful. We are finally seeing a few from time o time here. They still remain rare here though. Such amazing birds. Certainly enjoyed seeing yours. Thank yo too for taking time to visit me. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow I managed to miss this post, Kathy. I'm playing catch up, so I'm glad I saw these beautiful eagles. The only eagle I've ever seen was at the zoo. You are SO lucky to have them on your property.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit