Friday, January 31, 2020

Second on the 2nd-a Bit Early-Butterflies on Lavender & Cheesecake Made

  I saw that Valerie posted early, so I decided to as well-Sunday is super bowl day and I will be rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs. Very fun as I haven't watched a super bowl game now in several years.

   Also on February 2nd is Groundhog day where we will see if the groundhog brings us more winter or not.

  Second on the 2nd is hosted by our Bleubeard and Elizabeth and we share a previously posted blog post-you are most welcome to join us.

  I found lovely photos in May 2012 of beautiful butterflies on my lavender plants. I am hoping to attract butterflies here at our lake house too.
  Click here to see the full post those daisy like flowers are wild chamomile-I dried the flower tops for teas, and I also dry the lavender flowers with stems as well.



back in 2014 I mentioned Ground Hog Day and the super bowl here  In that post I was the only one in the house watching the game as Hubs does not watch sports-so he is the football widower in our house haha and it is still the same just me rooting for my team. 
     I am thinking of having another shrimp boil though on Sunday.

  I made a keto cheesecake this morning-I am happy with the results. for the sugar I used Lakanto baking sugar, for the crust I made nut crust with cashews-hubs favorite nuts, and for the topping I used a can of no sugar pie filling.



   We are going to spoiled with warm temperatures on Sunday and Monday-around 64 degrees f  Then it drops back down to the 30s and 20s f again.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. I am not a sports fan either, so NEVER watch sport. Your cake looks more than wonderful! Great flowers, too, good ide to use them! Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading about the swallowtail and the lavender plants. My lavender doesn't get flowers like yours. And I tried to grow camomile, and it died before any flowers showed up. Says a lot for my green thumb. This was a great post and I am SO glad you shared it with us as your second look on the 2nd.

    Your weather and my weather are about the same. The weather people are comparing Wichita to Miami. Seems we are going to have about the same temps. Then, like you, on Monday the bottom falls out again and we are in the TEENS for a high. Your cheesecake looks wonderful.

    GO CHIEFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterfly. I also grow chamomile-I think it's a beautiful plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that photo for the second has been dreaming of sunny summer days. Since mr grounghog didn't see his shadow, may we will get an early spring. Who knows. Yup big game tonight. It should be a good one. Enjoy-and send me a slice of that cheesecake please. Smile. I am really interested in the cashew crust. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit