Thursday, January 2, 2020

Something New for Art Journal Journey

    New Year's Day was my day to have fun in my craft room. I didn't even have to cook since we had leftovers yeah.
     When I made my first entry for the Art Journal Journey with Jo's theme Something New I already had a general idea for my second page.

     In my stash I had a really neat page torn from a magazine that I have saved for awhile which cut up a bit looked familiar for our spot on the Lake in the Ozarks. I wish I would have taken a photo first before I cut it up.
   For Something New I had a few ideas, new living on the lake in winter, or new living on the lake in January but I decided something new for a hike on the lake. As I have started my mile hike on January 1st with the intention of working back up to my 3 mile a day. I ordered a simple pedometer too that only counts steps. When it gets too cold out I will walk all over the house and getting my steps counted will be easier.
   This lake is similiar to this in that it winds all over the place with lots of points and coves. When I take my mile hike it takes me around the whole circle-lake on both sides with woods in the middle.

Here is a map some call this lake the snake or the dragon-this lake is 95 miles long (man made) and much more counting frontage
    I live way up there in the Gravois Arm area

Note: all photos will enlarge just click on them

Image result for map lake in the ozarks


here is another view

Image result for map lake in the ozarks


Now for my journal page Something new--Hiking at the Lake


  I am really pleased with my page.

   Thank you Jo for your tip on reducing wrinkles-and it worked soooo well. She suggested for that main paper I am glueing down first to brush the back lightly with the liquitex and let it dry. Then turn it over and do the same to the front.
    After completely dried I used Elmer's glue stick to glue down all of my pieces.

Those of you that followed my fabric journal will remember me hiking-I still had her in my stash so that helped me choose my Something New.  I cut her out of a scrap piece of that eco dyed paper that was laid in between the sheets of the paper that I was wanting good prints on. The hat and scarf was a section of green from the main magazine photo I was cutting up.

I added that tree-bush to the top edge of the lake because I was covering up a canoe. and I really like it there as that is how this 95 mile lake looks in areas. Nice that this has allot of woods and trees-along with steep hills and curves. I hike up and down 2 steep hills.

The snowflakes and cardinal were cut from Christmas cards-the turquoise blue pieces are cut from my decaf coffee bag.

In my stash I had some saved cancelled stamps from back around 2008-this one was perfect for the color and also I am keeping my eye out for cougars in the woods near here-we had them at our woods house. Hopefully not

here are a few close ups:





Thank you so much for stopping by

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! I love how you captured hiking around the lake with the collaged pieces and it must be wonderful to explore the lake walks too 😁. I love all your details with the snowflakes and red cardinal, and I hope there are no cougars around too. So glad the tip worked for you, this isn't something I have tried myself but I remembered it with reference to gluing thin papers. Thanks so much for joining us again at Art Journal Journey! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The map does look like a Chinese dragon. I liked reading your process and like your intrepid hiker. Really love the cardinal, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you and others that loved the cardinal-and he brings a pop of color too This lake is really interesting how it winds around

      Delete
  3. What a great page Kathy. I like it. And that is a big and skinny lake. Good for you to be able to get out and do you walk. And perfect for Jo's challenge for sure. Can't wait to see the next one. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, yes it feels good to start walking again-to get back to my routines a bit too

      Delete
  4. Trying to comment Kathy.. hope you see me! :) LOVE your page! That tip from Jo is the same method i use. It works really well on magazine clippings too.. Anything your concerned about having wrinkles in.. Great job hiking!! Hugs and happy new year....deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous page, Kathy. I have never tried collage but your page is really inspiring. Maybe I will give it a try. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collage. A great way to start the year. Being crafty each and every day is definitely a goal of mine. Enjoy your walks. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page Kathy, great idea. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a dragon indeed!
    Just make sure you are safe, right. (I used to walk around South lake here untill people were hit off their bikes even, robbed and all).
    I love your work, though :-) The red bird, so cute and your hair.
    Hugs to you, Kathy, stay safe, Iris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great journal page! I need to start walking again too. I did sign up for a yoga class and was very excited about that but not enough people joined so they canceled it. :( I thought going to a class with other people there would help keep me motivated and also help with the depression I am going through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page is great, the eye wanders around it with your hiker. Well done! Your lake maps remind me of horror movies about threatening fast-moving plants with roots. ;) Lots to explore out there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great page!!! I also have a pedometer and I like it!
    A nice map of the way around the lake!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holiday leftovers are The Best! That lake looks like it has a lot of lake-view vantage points to make walking in the area pleasant. I love your smiling hiker and all the details she's enjoying out in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO glad to see you at Art Journal Journey, too, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You page looks awesome Kathy, I kove how you created your ssscene and I didn't realise how big your lake was Yes I could see a dragon in the shape as well. It must be a lovely area to walk and I think your mile count will be rising in the coming months.
    Happy New Year Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lOVE it!! Glad you are walking again!!! Keep it up friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting collage page which tells well your route. The lake looks wonderful. Walking is good for healthy 🌝
    Wishing you all the best for the new year 🧡👍

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous collage! I love how you are planning to walk in any weather!!!Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit