Friday, January 3, 2020

Photos of my Walk Around the Lake

  I grabbed my camera today as I walked 2 miles. Thought I would give you a glimpse of the area. It was chilly today too mid 30's degrees f
  I did see a few deer prints, and the eagle was sitting up in that tree, a couple dogs loose but friendly-I do carry pepper spray.  Didn't hear birds singing today.

  We live on the point-so I can walk on the road that makes a loop around the lake.
 
This first photo is at the top of my driveway-woods are on my left and the lake is on the right






This is an easy going hill and curve that will circle around  Many lake homes on this side
  the for sale sign is for a lot where the house burnt down just after we bought ours-sad an elderly woman was severely burned and her pets perished-that was sad.


I love having these woods in the middle while walking around the lake-brings in the wildlife-and buffer for noise as well




This is almost to the top and is a space where residents can stash their boat trailers since not enough room at most of the homes-ours is the black one


There is a large home that sits in the  middle of the woods up on top here



Now to the hill that is steep with gravel and I wouldn't make it down without my walking stick-doesn't look that steep in the photos but it is for me.


Looking up from the bottom of this hill-I actually choose to drive up this hill and down the other one-so I can pull straight into my parking space without needing to back up-never did learn how to do that well lol


I then walk straight so I can get my mile in-which is the path to the left in above photo-this part is nice and flat that will wind up to the main highway



I walk just past this large culver and then turn around-Since this culver is so large it can handle allot of rain water-so far I have not see this area flooded in the spring rains-which would Not be good as no other way in to our house.


This to me is a bit scary driving in the car-can't get too close to this edge-as it is always caving in


This water ends up in the lake I believe



  Then I turn around and walk back to the bottom of that steeper hill before this area, turn right and walk aways to our lake house.
   I counted out the steps to be 2232 which is pretty close to a mile.  So I did it twice today-Next week I will add the third mile--and then hopefully I can lose the 5 pounds I gained these past few months.

12 comments:

  1. You have the best of both worlds, a woods house and a lake house. Nice area to walk around though I wouldn't like driving by that drainage pipe, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like winter but you have no snow! Chilly but walking on a chilly day isn't a bad thing. And you got to see the eagle. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not good at backing up either. How very sad for the elderly women to suffer burns and the loss of her pets and home. Thanks for taking us along for your walk. We are having rain off and on today so I won't be going out. Signed up for a 30 day yoga challenge that I haven't even started yet so think I need to get a move on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you told us about the elderly woman who was burned. Have you heard any more about her condition after you got moved in?

    You have a lovely walk and live in a beautiful area. That drainage pipe would scare me, too. I sure wouldn't want to get too close to the edge, since there are no guard rails. However,if that was the only thing I had to worry about, I'd say you truly have a little slice of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some good places to walk, enjoy! Keep going, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don´t wanna sound like from "above", but.... I have pepper foam. The spray can knock you ot more quickly when it´s windy...

    Uhh, sad about that woman! Horrible!
    Nice that people are allowed to park their trailers there!
    Lucky you with that parking of yours :-)
    Good walking! Once I was so mad at hubby the clock counted 40 000 plus, LOL! Went around our South lake 4 times, then to the city to treat myself with a DVD. And I was still mad when being back...
    Hugs from here, Iris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been a daily walker for decades, but not in an area like this. It’s lovely! I once walked 2 miles each day, not very long ago, but no more. One mile is a lofty goal for me now, and that’s on flat ground. *Good for you* if you can do 3, even 2 miles, especially on hilly terrain with gravel! I could not attempt your hill with gravel even with a walking stick. I’d just not feel secure especially since I’ve taken a couple falls lately. It’s unbelievable how the body changes. I used to wonder when I flew down a flight of stairs if my feet even touched them all. I felt like I was flying. Such amazing agility! Now I have totally slowed down and hold onto the bannister tightly. Enjoy your surroundings. No car traffic close to your house must be so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. House fires are sad enough when no one is hurt. I hope the woman is recovering.

    That's quite a lovely environment for walking. Wonderful views!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post, Happy New Year :) I follow you on gfc # 39 ,follow back?

    https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy love this post of the mosts gorgeous photos and thanks for your kind visit.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following you so you may like to do the same with me...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous walk - it will be great to see the changes when you take your walks throughout the year as we find on our riverside walks to the local shops! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit