Monday, January 27, 2020

Last of the Handmade Soaps & a Journal Page-Just for Fun

Monday evening I decided to finish up the soap making. When I make soaps now I make a bunch for myself and to share with my friend and her husband. She then shares some with her Mother in law. Her husband is a big fisherman too so I have a mold that I bought for my husband and him as well.


  I love these molds. I also am making some bars with this other mold I really like. Over the years I have made the motif in a pretty bronze color too.

  I also had the urge to add to my mixed media journal-just for fun.

    While straightening things up and digging out my soap supplies I ran into the box of craft goodies that our Mia had sent me last year.  She sent it out about the same time we started packing for the lake house-so I have not gotten to use anything yet.
     She sent me several pieces of fun fabrics. I chose this piece because it made me smile-she sent me a pretty large cut off piece so I have more-perhaps a pillow cover in the future.
     I wanted this page to be simple-so I added those arrow wasabi tape pieces-which I then used a crayola twistable crayon to add a little color-which picked up texture from the fabric-nice, and I went through my tea bags and chose one that had allot of reds in the tea bag from the herbs-and I cut two pieces to cover a couple of windows-they show through the tea bags.

Note: photos will enlarge just click on them


Below the page is dry


  I am off to clean up my soap making project and then watch the St Louis Blues hockey game tonight-I have missed seeing the games as last week they were hosting the Allstar NHL hockey game

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous soaps and a wonderful journal page, big WOW! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soap, Kathy. I like the blue with the white. Now I wish I hadn't given my melt and pour away. Of course, my molds weren't as unique as yours.

    I LOVE that mixed media journal page. I am impressed with the movement you achieved by putting that washi tape with the arrows in the opposite direction of the cats coming down the steps. Your "twistable" looks NOTHING like mine. I've noticed others having the same ones you have. Mine are greasy-ish (is that a word?) and seem to work better with beeswax and oils. Lovely journal page, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you color your soaps. The ocean wave is very pretty. Love your journal page. You had me with the black kitties. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once made a lot of cold processed soap, but they were not as pretty as your melt and pours. too lovely to use! Really cute page, especially the tea bag windows. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wave mold is my favorite. I use liquid soap these days, but I still have fond memories of soaps similar to these :)

    I do love your page design. Nice! All those windows and black cats. Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soaps look beautiful Kathy, a super shade of blue as well.
    The journal page looks fantastic and full of action, I loved those cats.
    Have a good week
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, the soaps are gorgeous! Great molds! I love melt and pour technique and I make A LOT of soaps for my family and friends. In fact, you reminded me now that I have to make some more soaps as soon as possible!
    As for the page, it is SUPER!!! I llllllove the arrows and how you used the tea bags. Great inspiration, my dear friend. I always enjoy seeing your lovely mixed media fabric pages. Kisses!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those soaps are way too beautiful to be used!

    Oh, I love the cats, such a very cute scenery! So much detail! A great week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! So nice to have your visit, and I love visiting you! I'm your newest follower! Love that soap...and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit