Monday, January 6, 2020

Journal Page-Something New Updated & One More Update

  I thought I would post this-the ink is still wet on the stamp so it reflected off a bit from the flash.
   I am not real good at overlapping elements in my pieces. Friend Barbara helped me in my fabric journal to work on pulling everything together.

   I loved this page


  but I thought I should add something over the background to the right of the flower- I am wishing I left it like this but I decided to add a stamp-luckly it did not smear real bad although two of the little birds did not show up-which I also wanted
   This is a learning journey I may like it more tomorrow morning once the ink from the stamp dries.


For the top page I tore off some of those little cotton embellishments and glued  them on so they were more random and not just in rows. I also added a few around the flower-wanted it to look like snow






Your honest opinions appreciated thanks

Updated  1-7-2020

    This morning I was still not happy with adding that stamped image  One of my friends reminded that Less is More.
   The ink I used takes time to dry-several days sometimes-so I took a soft cloth and carefully rubbed over the image-saving the deer at the bottom. I am happier with this piece now, it has a softer feel again and the background comes through again and the deer is shiny because this is a metallic ink and still a bit wet





I really appreciate all of your feedback very much-this is a learning tool for me this year-participating in the journal page challenges.
   and I hadn't thought about writing the letters on another piece of paper and then adding that to the page I wrote on fabric so the lettering would have came out nicer-thanks Deb.

I feel better now so will add to the challenge page at Art Journal Journey with Jo's theme Something New.

Updated  1-7-2020 early evening

Ok It really is finished now-good thing this paper can handle allot-I thought where the deer was on the bottom of page was dry-but when I put liquitex over it-nope started disolving-actually a good think-I rubbed a bit and now it's finished- got a little wrinkling in the paper now but no tears and much better-like several of you suggested the quote should have been in this are. If I were to do anymore It needs a little rubbing of this ink inthe flower area-ok maybe I will do that next haha


Of course I did it haha  balanced out better now


swimming by this afternoon


16 comments:

  1. Love this, such a gorgeous journal with amazing textures and colours, so fresh...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, the first try was the best - lovely page!
    Hugs from here, Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its just beautiful Kathy. Love the flower and your snow.. It looks like the background was difficult to write on. You might try writing on another piece of paper..cutting it out and gluing it down where you want it or even typing it out on the computer and printing it out in the size and type of font you want on card stock or regular paper cut it out and paste it... Just suggestions for when the background makes writing tough.. Looking forward to seeing more!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, art is subjective. Although I like the finished flower piece, I really liked it much better before you added the extra stamping. Had it been me, I would have left it like it was, then added a sentiment on the right side of the flower. However, composition is NOT my strong suit, so at least you are creating. And that is more important when you are learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others, the flower stands on its own, is your main focal point and is lovely. I understand the desire to add something more on the right, but the stamping now competes with the flower. We learn by trying, onward! You did what I have ALWAYS done, been unable to keep from overworking a piece. It’s my downfall, but I keep trying to stop working on something when I should. Doesn’t always happen though. Btw, I must be missing something, where did you lose two birdies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!!! Now keep going and soon it will all be second nature to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, I find your pages interesting, LOVE the flower. Since this is a learning page, you might try to tone down the shinny marks next to the rose.....they fight for the attention....just my two cents!Thanks for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is very pretty and I liked it with the overly stamp but definitely better to use something other than ink so that it will dry quickly. I'm in the camp of more is better. The whole point of journaling is just to experiment and enjoy the process so have fun and don't overthink it too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this soft beautifully designed double page. The colours are so sweet and the words perfect for the theme - and they are true 💕

      Delete
  9. Wow, such beautiful pages! There is a lot to love about your pages including how amazing your double page spread looks and the transition you created from one page to the other. Also the fabric that you added to the top page and I see that you cut out some of the bobbles from the fabric and stuck them so snow is flowing down the pages, this is such a lovely touch - amazing 😁. Using your hand dyed paper and the fussy cut frosted flowers looks stunning too! I thought the stamped image look ok but I do wonder whether the wording may have been better placed there? So as well as Deb's fab tip about wording, I would suggest that you stamp images onto tissue paper first, I do this a lot, that way I can place the stamped tissue image onto the page and see what it looks like before committing myself and position things onto the page and move them around until I'm happy with the design. You can do this with wording too, I often just write out wording on scrap paper and then place it on the page to see where I want it to go. That way you have the luxury of moving things around or trying out your ideas before committing to them 😁. Hope this helps and thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey again, I have to say I'm so impressed with your first pages and how open you are about getting ideas from others - you're a star! I can't wait to see what you create next 😊. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like it as is, now dated. The pinkish hue gives it depth, an other-worldly hue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the little birds Kathy. That is the thing about art journaling. You have to decide what is enough. BUT the beauty is you can always go back and fix it if you don't like it. I think you did a super job. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy, Your art journal page is gorgeous, I love that flower! I just started art journaling myself and like reading all of the suggestions here, especially stamping on tissue paper first :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Imaginative and so romantic the journal page with the rose!
    Great how you show the individual steps!
    Have nice Day
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have been pleased, no - ecstatic - if I had produced a flower so beautiful in my journal. The rose is absolutely beautiful and needed nothing else. Sometimes we have to stand back and be happy with what we have done, step by step, take your tie - your work is lovely.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Artjournaling how it should be - learning by doing! You did a good job! It's most important that you had fun while creating! Yes, the flower looks like snow is on it, very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit