Monday, January 6, 2020

T Stands For Tuesday & Yellowstone in a Box

  Hi Everyone, and another T Stands for Tuesday is upon us.
    We gather together for T and share a drink related post-Must show a photo of your drink reference. You are most welcome to join us with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

    Since last week, I have been having fun in my spiral journal (old herb cookbook) and playing with a couple pages. You can see the first two over at Art Journal Journey in the links.
   Last night-late-I started another page which I am loving so far but not sure where it will end for the theme Something New.
  This one I am using two journal pages together.
  The top page I painted gesso on first and then while wet added the gauze type fabric so it would stick-and then added a little more gesso on top.  The idea is to look like snow.  I am thinking of perhaps cutting out those little balls and glueing them around the pages to tie it together more.
   You may recognize the other background papers-it was one piece that I cut to fit the pages-it was eco dyed papers between the layers of heavy papers I was printing. This one took up the print of the back of the tile I was using to press them all together (and were tied together while being steamed)

   These little birds I cut from a wine label and I used a piece of handmade Hanji papers or Korean mulberry that I bought as samples-I thought they would be perfect for journal pages and mixed media projects.






I cut the frosted flower from a magazine and glued it on  and as you can see hardly any wrinkling at all on this paper-as I again used the liquitex on both pieces-I really like that technique (thanks again Jo)


    So now I am at the point to decide how to finish these-more textures of some sort I want to add to the gauze fabric up on top. and I am deciding on a quote now. For something new- this mixed media journal with mostly papers is all new to me but need to figure out how to show that as the theme.

   Today was a very fun mail day.-I love mail and I order allot of items to be delivered right to my door too since shopping is so much easier as we still do not live near much in the way of stores.

   I needed more glue sticks and I had also ordered a very simple pedometer, the last one I bought was not accurate at all and had too many settings on it for me-this one sounded much easier to use.


I also received in the mail the fabric I ordered for curtains, and a couple yards of fabric with fish-thinking for a quilt. Will share those photos another day too.


and the biggest surprise was Yellowstone in a box arrived at my mailbox!!

   Yep Yellowstone in a box haha-I was informed last week from author Peggy Henderson (the one that writes about and lives near Yellowstone) that she had a special drawing with all of her followers that participate in her facebook group on a regular basis.  I was chosen-Wow such a total surprise for me-and the gift was the whole set with her newly designed covers of the Yellowstone Historical time travel romance series-which concluded last year.
  She had just mailed the package late last week, and was shocked I got it already-we get mail so fast here at the lake house now but I was not expecting these yet.

   That postcard to the left was letting me know that the books were on their way haha








Her new covers are really lovely and she signed each one-so special of her to do that.
   I will enjoy re reading the series in book form now instead of the kindle.  I re read her books quite often-she is a superb writer in how she weaves in so many things.

  For my drink share I am enjoying a cup of my decaf coffee while typing up my T post


  Today I started going through some boxes that are still packed up-I need to find good places for the contents or I will need to put them in the sale-no more things sitting around in boxes.
   I uncovered my gnomes-these are sculptures by an artist that Larry bought for me years ago-this is the first I have seen them since around 2003-I didn't want them getting dusty at the woods home. We are thinking Larry still has a vintage glass case from his Grandpa that may be perfect-we need to look for that next time we visit the woods home.
   I will share a photo of the gnomes soon. I also unpacked some of my pottery bells, occupied in Japan dishes, and gnome and native american themed plates that will go on walls etc.

  That's it from me today-Happy T everyone

14 comments:

  1. I like your art journal pages so far. What a great surprise, to win and receive copies of her books! I love those Elmer's Glue Sticks you got. I use those somewhat regularly. I like your coffee mug. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great happy mail and the book series is wonderful!! (I love reading books...never quite got on the kindle routine) I'm enjoying watching your journaling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy Kathy. And it looks like that business had been so successful. The journal pages are looking fantastic so far. And wow, that is a great collection of books. Have you read them all, well maybe not the newest one. And I am curious about that Japanese paper. Is it rice paper? Have a wonderful T day Kathy. I would say I hope your new year is going well but I can tell it is. Hope it is anyhow.Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I corrected my mistake these are Korean mulberry papers or Hanji

      Delete
  4. Lovely journal pages. What a great surprise and wonderful gift to receive!! Lots of reading pleasure for sure:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, Kathy, That journal entry with the flowers is out of this world. I am super impressed. Very well done, too. That could be a stand alone page in itself.

    I couldn't believe you won ALL those books. That was a very nice after Christmas gift. Wonderful. And of course, I enjoyed seeing your decaf coffee and your lovely mug, too. Thanks for sharing your new art, those books you won, the glue and pedometer meter, and your decaf with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower power page, wonderful! And what super gifts, enjoy, glad you wre the lucky one. Have fun with the new pedometer,happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The art pages are coming along. I love the little birds. So cute. Wow, what a great contest haul. Have fun re-reading the books. I like the mug you chose for coffee. Looks like a perfect shape to cup your hands around. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you are really enjoying your journal Kathy, the page with the flower looks beautiful. the package of books must have been a big surprise, you will enjoy reading them I'm sure.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your double page spread is breathtaking! I love how you used the fabric for snow and the eco dyed blue paper transitioning across the pages looks amazing 😁. Those little birds are adorable and the frosted flowers are stunning too - perfect! As this is your first double-space spread it was something new to you so I think it definitely qualifies as an entry for my Something New challenge at Art Journal Journey, so please feel free to join us it would be lovely to see you there! Those Yellowstone books sounds wonderful too, you are so lucky to win them all - I'm off to look for them online 😊. Can't wait to see those gnomes! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the texture in your art. That mug is a real treasure. It looks like the perfect warming cup to wrap your hands around. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your journal pages, Kathy. I'm surprised how easily and successfully you transferred from fiber art to paper. The T-ladies have been a great help to me also with mixed media. What a super bunch.

    Congratulations on your fabulous win! The books are lovely. Except they're yet another thing that needs space - just when you're de-cluttering. Funny.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have a lot of collections. Japanese plates and gnomes have me interested and I am looking forward to seeing pictures.
    You must be busy re-reading all of those books. Definitely a great way to pass the time.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous pages Cathy! What a fabulous prize to win - some relaxing times ahead! We are slowly making progress unpacking boxes - I don't envy you still having to empty your woods home! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit