Friday, April 2, 2021

Easter Dishes in Cast Iron

 Good morning, I thought I would search for some Easter dishes prepared in cast iron. Of course you can cook or bake anything in cast iron-no special recipes required.

  For several years I would get a beautiful magazine Southern Cast Iron. I really enjoyed this magazine and had subscribed to it for around 5 or 6 years. It is quite expensive though unless you catch them on a big sale which is usually around Thanksgiving. If you enjoy reading food magazines this one is beautiful, tips and how to's using and caring for your cast iron and delicious looking recipes too.

  I am sharing links to some of their Easter dishes I found on their site

Honey and Mustard Glazed Ham



Buttered Asparagus and Spring Peas


Homemade Dill Rolls


Scalloped Potato Gratin


Strawberry Skillet Cake


I am baking up angel food cakes for us along with strawberry churned keto ice cream and strawberries. 
    One of the cast iron pieces I don't have yet is a cast iron angel food cake pan. This site  is using Lodge's cake pan to bake up an angel food cake


Happy Easter everyone

9 comments:

  1. I love the looks of the angel food cake baked in cast iron. I will make sure I use some of my cast iron for Sunday's luncheon. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this new cake pan, but I thinking it would be too heavy for me to handle at this point-it takes both hands now for skillets but if I was younger I would pick one up. I will be our little ham in cast iron for sure-Happy Easter

      Delete
  2. Many thanks for sharing these recipes.
    Happy Easter Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many yummy Easter bakes! I'd like to try all of those - yum 😀. Enjoy your baking! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All look fabulous! I am loving cast iron lately so thanks for sharing!!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit