Sunday, April 25, 2021

Setting up to Weave Kitchen Towels & Lake Photos

 I started setting up the warp this weekend, this is a much finer yarn and will need 400 plus threads.

I usually have this warping board hung on the wall, but so far working out ok sitting on the floor to wind it on

 The trunks are full of either weaving yarns or mountain man blankets etc. You can see my sheep and the bison baby stuffed animal I picked up in Yellowstone Park back in 2017-we could choose a free gift at the park stores from the nonprofit Yellowstone Forever at the time.



Below is what is called the cross-It keeps all the threads in order to get it on the loom
    I was getting myself mixed up with the over under in each direction so made little note reminders


  My new loom bench is coming in from a weaving studio in California-she must have sent it express as it is to be here on Tuesday-I ordered in on Friday. Here is a photo from her etsy shop  She sells and teaches the Saori looms. I was looking into these looms for awhile as they have some features that makes the set up easier, but they are sooo expensive in my opinion. Saori is a free style of weaving which I can do on my loom-most make clothing pieces which I want to try one day.


Glimakra is a Swedish loom maker. This is suppose to be sturdy and it is adjustable in height.

A few lake photos from this past week

  Working on the dock project-such a huge project


The day it was snowing all day (it melted as it hit the ground)



The trees are greening up now-loved the green reflection in the lake


Have an awesome new week

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Loom Bench!
    Comfortable seating can make the world feel new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting a new bench soon. It’s important you be comfortable when weaving. Does Etsy shop owner have any tushy cushions to fit it? Lol. Not funny though, really. Maybe you already have one! The photos are great. Lots of work going into the dock. It will all be worth it when summer and boating come along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! Have fun with the weaving and enjoy your new seat. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Setting up the loom looks like a big job that requires patience. I bet that new bench will feel better. It looks nice. Have fun. And happy new week also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bench looks like a beautifully finished piece. It is also a big plus that it is adjustable so you can get it just right for you. I am anxious to see your new kitchen towels. I have another blogging friend who weaves a lot of kitchen towels. She is in her nineties and still weaving. I can almost feel warm summer breezes blowing across the lake. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to the new weaving bench. How awesome your friend is still weaving. I can really feel anything I do now, so I need to start walking and also keep more active-with warm weather coming.
      a lovely day today lots of boats on the lake this weekend everyone is anxious for warmer weather

      Delete
  6. Love the sheep and bison baby - and the bench, nice! And adjustable is always good. I´m small and hate stuff where I am stuck like a kid.
    You had snow AGAIN?!
    Awww, beautiful, beautiful sun-pic! If I showed this to my T he´d be there in a second (I´d ask him to take me with him. Prepare some yummy food, please? Ah, "Corinna", I forgot, nearly...).
    Cool reflection.
    Have a wonderful week over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. last week we had some crazy weather for sure
      enjoy your new week

      Delete
  7. Wow, you've been so busy with your weaving and how wonderful to start the deck, it looks like a big job! The weather seems to have been so variable too, I hope it gets warmer again 😁. Loved seeing the photos over the lake, the sun reflection is amazing! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure by now you having a great time on that loom. I know from the mill we used to visit when we had the caravan how complicated a procedure it used to look. There used to be a room where the local ladies set up their looms and got together for weaving (and chatting) days. Lovely photo of the trees! Take care, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what how fun for those weavers to be able to get together like that. I have heard of quilting bees-my Grandma would do that allot at her church. hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit