Saturday, April 3, 2021

A Mug of Hot White Chocolate

   Ever since I saw the photos of Val's white hot chocolate I just really wanted a cup. I have never seen or heard of this before.

  I had a long morning in the kitchen mixing up and baking two angel food cakes, and then it was time for our 2 pm main meal-and Larry had a couple helpers today. I found pieces of frozen pizza that I made for Larry last month (wheat crust) so perfect for lunch with a tossed salad.

  The kitchen mostly cleaned up now except for the two cake pans soaking in water for easier cleaning I decided time to relax grab my book and make up this white chocolate.

  I found a recipe that brought it down to single serving amounts which was 1 cup of any milk or cream you want to use and 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips. another recipe added vanilla extract and Val said they served it with cinnamon.

  Sooo I had about 1/2 cup of cream left over from ice cream making, and I had Elmhurst's brand of unsweetened milked walnuts open in the frig. So I combined those to make up 1 1/2 cups-perfect size for a mug. Instead of keto white chips I used sweetened ones, added the vanilla and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Heating slowly on the stove top.

  Oh Yummm this is really sooo good. Loved the cinnamon the hint of walnut and the creaminess. I am thinking this has much less or no caffeine as does dark chocolate. Of course needed to top it off with a bit of whipped cream.  Off to grab my kindle and read for a bit





15 comments:

  1. Glad you were inspired to make white chocolate, and so glad you enjoyed it! Happy Easter, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Valerie and I was surprised how good the cinnamon is with this hugs

      Delete
  2. I've got to try this-regular chocolate doesn't agree with me. This even LOOKS delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted how delicious this is. I can't do caffeine as it raises my blood pressure allot. and I love dark chocolate so can only just have a little piece once in awhile-and white chocolate has none so I need to change over to using more white chocolate

      Delete
  3. I bought white chocolate chips at Christmas and still have some. This looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, this is really delicious and I will make it again. you can use any milk of your choosing too

      Delete
  4. I've never had hot white chocolate either, but it looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for telling us how to do it Kathy. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first introduction to white chocolate was on Easter in 1952 when I was 9. My cousin who seemed to have everything had white chocolate in his Easter basket. I had never heard of or seen such a thing, and I was in disbelief. It tasted wonderful! I’ve loved it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade pizza is the best and those angel cakes sound wonderful, I'm sure your helpers were very grateful for your thoughtfulness 😁. That white hot chocolate looks so delicious too! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit