Tuesday, April 27, 2021

I am Feeling Quite Spoiled

   I was hoping to be able to figure out how to put my bench together myself-I am just not good at figuring out things like this. Larry stepped in today and said let's get your bench put together. (He knows me) There was one part I never would have figured out and he was familiar with it. He said years ago Ikea got a patent for this little barrel piece for putting furniture like this together. This is cleverly designed to raise or lower the height.



  I need to warp up 408 ends and 5 feet long which will make 6 kitchen towels. I can't do this at one sitting any more-but I am down to 80 more.

  From an old Handwoven magazine this is the pattern I will be weaving. I am warping up brown thread and I have two different blues for the weft-that I can mix up so the towels look different. I really like this pattern-from the Vikings era




  The other day Larry was given the perfect hanger for a hummingbird feeder. A friend we met here goes through junk that people give to him that they want to get rid of-and this was in the latest. He cleaned it up, fixed it and we hung it up. 

This is pretty neat-that arm will swing towards the deck, so I can service the feeder. Two houses down from us has several hummingbird feeders so hoping the birds will find this one. Last night Larry saw one visitor, and I saw one just before I took this photo.  This is the perfect spot as there is an ant issue here early spring that we have to be on top of-this way the mess goes down below on some bushes, and hopefully the squirrels will not destroy this. They are quite curious all the time.




    So I am feeling special this week, a new weaving bench, hummingbird feeder in place, and my new Paperwhite Kindle will be here Thursday.

   Would you believe we had temperatures of 85 degrees f yesterday and today?  Felt like summer. A couple friends popped over tonight to sit on the dock and fish-Life is good

   Enjoy your new week

14 comments:

  1. Having worked so hard lately, it’s good you are getting some spoiling. 85 degrees on the lake and friends to share it with.... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mary-it was nice for Larry to do a bit of fishing and chat with friends-just finding a couple new friends here at the lake

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your new bench and have fun weaving. It's good to feel spoiled! Enjoy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely good to get spoilt now and again! You really have a great view from your deck over the lake. Such a great place to have some quality time and with friends better still. I do wish we had hummingbirds here they are so gorgeous and dainty. it must be wonderful to be able to sit,relax and just watch them feeding. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have enjoyed the hummingbirds since retiring to Missouri which is on their migration path. It will take awhile for more birds to find us here at the lake-at the woods home we fed 100's

      Delete
  4. I know you’ve wanted to weave these kitchen towels for years! Now that you have everything in place to do it, enjoy being creative and don’t work too long. Even with a new bench, it’s not good for any of us in our 70s to do that. Up and about on our feet every hour is important. Yay for handy hubbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I need to make myself take a break at least every hour. hubbies are the best

      Delete
  5. Hurrah that the bench is together Kathy. It looks nice. I love it when my husband steps in and helps too. Barbara put it nicely, Hurrah for handy hubbies. And that is a nice hanger for your hummingbird feeder too. I need to get mine out as it is about that time of year. Have fun weaving and sitting on the new bench.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Ever so slightly envious reading this! The weather here is still quite chilly, especially when the sun isn't out - nothing much over 50F.
    Not only that we definitely don't have humming birds here - love that you have a feeder you can keep away from the squirrels!
    Hurray for Larry fixing your bench too! Glad you got some time with friends, not able to do much of that either at the moment - waiting for the 17th when restrictions ease a bit more, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to be able to put up a hummingbird here. at our woods home I was feeding 100's of these sweet little birds. so far we have one pair visiting.
      we have been enjoying perfect weather here recently not too hot and not too cold. glad restrictions will be easing up

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit