Friday, April 2, 2021

Happy Mail and Journal Page

     I wasn't going to write up a second post in the same day, but I am so happy with my newest craft tools I wanted to share. I love quality tools and handmade tools make me happy and feel connected.

    My weaving loom is 30 inch wide maximum This shawl is around 27 inches wide. I have never purchased longer stick shuttles to weave this wider width, so I checked out Etsy first for hand crafted ones. I found a site that I fell in love with and I am guessing they are Amish. They were making beautiful stick shuttles in various lengths-perfect! He said for a better price to shop at his online site as Etsy had raised their selling fees.  Going to their site they were $5.00 less for each shuttle than at their Etsy shop. I need to look into Etsy's selling fees as I was planning on listing some things for sale-perhaps not.

   Anyways I knew I would be super happy with these shuttles so I grabbed the camera and took a few photos while opening up the box. These shuttles are sooooo smooth, smoother than the ones I have been using that were not handmade. I love the name of their company too

  It is a good thing I had tracking on this delivery as I knew it was coming today and was watching out for the mail as they beep me when I have a package-so they don't have to walk down the hill and then down the steps. I knew the box would be too long for the mailbox. So when I got the email notice it had been delivered in my box-I went right up to retrieve it-totally surprised they would do this as the box was sticking out a good ten inches and it is really windy here still.



They offered allot of different wood choices,  so I asked for shuttles that had pretty grain in them and were of darker woods-the top one is walnut and the bottom one is cherry.   They harvest the wood from fallen trees on their property or near by  She also sent me a very sweet thank you note.


You can see this will be much nicer now to grab the shuttle from the other end while weaving



And when I saw the theme for Art Journey Journal for April chosen by our dear friend Eileen, whom recently did not recover from her heart surgery, I knew what I wanted to do.  The theme is: inspired by

  When ever I would post a photo of the bright sun over the lake-Eileen would always say "looks like diamonds in the water".  I am not that good at painting, so didn't even want to try and do a painting at the moment, so I grabbed a magazine photo in my stash, used sparkle gel pens and Crayola metallic pens to create this page


I took allot of photos and these were the best. Allot of glare came off the page from the metallic pens, but I think you can see that I drew diamonds on top of the water




I enjoyed making this page and honoring Eileen, she offered allot of  inspiration for my journal art.  

   I don't think this page though is good enough quality to submit to AJJ but I did enjoy creating it and wanted to share it here. Thank you to Elizabeth so just added  my page to AJJ's theme this month.

If you missed it-my last post is cast iron Easter dinner recipes.

Enjoy your weekend and holiday-if celebrating

22 comments:

  1. Hurrah for your package arriving, and also for that wonderful page you made for AJJ and Eileen's challenge. I like the diamonds you added. I actually think that picture looks like Acadia National Park, which is one of my favorite places. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AJJ. Have a wonderful weekend and Easter Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erika, I didn't save the information from the photo so it could be. Happy Easter

      Delete
  2. I know Eileen would love your diamonds on the water. The previous picture of your sparkling lake is beautiful! I like that you were able to find hand made in the good ole' USA shuttles. Haulin' Hoof Farm Supply sounds like my kind of place. I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with lots of diamonds on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning-we do have diamonds on the lake this summer and I am thinking warmer weather today as well-I am very excited and happy with my new shuttles Happy Easter Mary

      Delete
  3. Glad you are happy with your new, hand-made shuttles, have fun with them. Your journal page is beautiful, and a great tribute to Eileen! Have a happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is a wonderful tribute to Eileen. You really SHOULD join us at Art Journal Journey. Do I need to show some of the links of work I created that wasn't half as good as what you made? Be proud of your art because I know Eileen would be. As am I. Please share this at AJJ, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Elizabeth, I am not as good as a journal artist as I am with fiber arts but I did enjoy making this-

      Delete
  5. Thank you for joining us at AJJ, dear. We appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for encouraging me Elizabeth-there are many really good artists over there I am just a crafter-lol

      Delete
  6. A lovely post, it is a very nice page you've created.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to get just what you want in the post! Happy hours ahead! I love how you made your truly beautiful page....and...I am so pleased that you did join us at Art Journal Journey, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading about your weaving as it is a different craft and uses lovely yarns. How nice to get a beautiful new shuttle made with a lovely wood. Do you keep a journal of weaving samples? - that would be great to see on AJJ.
    Your photo of the lake is gorgeous and your idea of the diamonds on the water is heart-warming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see the shuttle arrive and the packaging looked great, it looks like it will make you're weaving easier too. Loving your page for Eileen's challenge, the diamonds that you added look amazing and it's a lovely tribute to her 😀. I hope you're having a wonderful Easter weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great that the shuttle arrived safely and it looks beautiful this wood and that is a wonderful hobby of yours! The journal page with the photo is fabulous, I really like it!
    Have fun weaving, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, yes I am in love with my new shuttles-the wood is lovely and super smooth. Thank you the shawl is off the loom now-happy dance

      Delete
  11. Wow, I love that you captured words told to you by Eileen on your page. It is a beautiful page made even more beautiful by your remembrance of her.

    Love your weaving and even the picture of the package. Their logo is fabulous! You are soooo talented!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much I appreciate it-I love their logo too hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit