Saturday, November 20, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays Thanksgiving Sides

   Good morning Saturday,

      I ended up spending 5-6 hours last night setting up my old Sears quilt frame for the very large inspired Yellowstone quilt I made last year. I dug this quilt out a few days ago, pretty much figured out how I wanted to hand quilt it-needs straight lines for me with the thickness of the flannels front and back. I tried two days sitting on the couch using a wooden hoop frame-Just not working out well-so decided to give the frame another go.

    I stopped working on the set up around 11 pm and had totally forgotten about my cast iron post til now. Smiles   (photos soon on the quilt set up)

    Cast iron works out great for many Thanksgiving side dishes.

Taste of Home has 40 recipes here I will share a few from this site

Skillet Rolls




Skillet Sausage Stuffing



Skillet Hasselback Sweet Potatoes



Sauted Radishes with Green Beans-so much fresher than that green bean casserole-which is a double ugh for me haha



Shredded Ginger Brussel Sprouts



Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes



Southern Fried Apples   this would make a nice side dish and includes pecans



Keto Cranberry Sauce



Cast Iron Cranberry Crumble   for me I would change to keto sweeteners, and gluten free oats and gluten free flour-or use gluten free oat flour


Happy weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Since we got home last night and haven't made it to the grocery store yet, this food is making me hungry. I am going to have to go rustle something up I think. Smile. And I hope you share your quilt with us as you work on it and finish it too. Happy weekend Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Erika, and welcome back home.
      Yes I will share my quilt set up for T Happy weekend-hugs

      Delete
  2. Oh MY!!! This is an amazing post! I see so many recipes I want to make. Thank you for this!!! And I LOVED the card you sent! I want to tell you I had an overwhelming feeling of being thought of and cared for when I got your card and read it. Thank you so much! I save all of your cards and letters. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning-so happy you found some recipes you may try.
      so glad you received the card-you are loved and are very special-hugs (I have been saving all of my slow mail too)
      Happy weekend

      Delete
  3. Kathy, what a delight! The recipes look amazing and make our mouths water

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the sweet potatoes, the green beans, the Brussels sprouts, and the potatoes. I may try the sweet potatoes because they look good and I have all the herbs needed, as well as butter, which I got at Sam's because mine was getting low. Thanks for sharing these recipes, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Elizabeth-let us know if you try any of the recipes

      Delete
  5. Amazing delightful meals, would love to see your quilt. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit