Friday, November 5, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Fall Foods

     Those of us living in areas where we are getting into fall-cooler temperatures and beautiful fall leaves, may be thinking more now about fall foods.

    So this week I am exploring the web for fall dishes prepared in cast iron.

I found this site from Saveur of 11 best cast iron skillet recipes. This is worth a look as they have a little different but delicious looking recipes Below is one of them

Basque Potato and Pepper Tortilla with Ham and Cheese



From Taste of Home 125 plus Cast Iron Recipes for Fall allot of really good ones here-hard to choose.

    Here is one  Sage Fontina Focaccia



and another one from this site Vegetarian Skillet Enchiladas 



and one more from this site-looks delicious- Apple Gingerbread Skillet Cake  this one has a video for the recipe




From Eating Well 16 Healthy Fall Dinners You Can Make in a Skillet

  And from this site White Bean Sage Cauliflower Gnocchi  this site wouldn't let me grabbed the photo


Southern Macaroni and Cheese



I found some good sounding recipes from America's Test Kitchen and their Cook's Country but sadly you have to subscribe to see the recipes-never knew they were doing that. You only get the recipes free during the actual season they are shared

This is a new site for me Root + Revel One Pot Meals in Cast Iron

 and here is one of them Smothered Skillet Chicken with Thyme Butter Mushrooms



To close with a sweet-Buttermilk Skillet Cake with Pecan Praline Topping I am sure this would work with a gluten free flour blend.





Do you have favorite fall foods you like to make in your cast iron pans?

8 comments:

  1. This all looks so good, I wish I could have a portion of each! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Buttermilk Skillet cake with praline icing sounds scrumptious, but I have chosen apple Gingerbread Skillet Cake to try. You really put out some good recipes for us today.

    But, for now, I am going out to dig a bit more in the garden and lay down some more straw. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought those skillet cakes sounded really good too.
      Am hoping it will warmer over the weekend so I can work outdoors too-will cover the area I am working on with leaves

      Delete
  3. Your cast iron foods always look so yummy and make me hungry! The buttermilk skillet cake with praline looks and sounds like a good Thanksgiving dessert. Yum! Happy weekend Kathy.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit