Friday, November 12, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays Apples

   Hi everyone, November is moving along a bit too fast for me-just like October flew by, as we are into the second week already.

      This week for Cast Iron Saturdays I am featuring apple recipes in cast iron.

  Husband played around a bit pushing in connections to make sure tight on the electric stove oven, so after an hour with the temperature holding I decided to give it a go and bake up an apple crisp early this morning. Instead of pies  I have been making different fruit crisps.  I picked up a small bag of organic cranberries along with three varieties of apples the last time I went food shopping. This is the recipe I use as a base and change up the fruits. I have switched back to Splenda in place of white sugar as I don't care for the keto white sweeteners-most leave an after taste. For the crumble on top I do like the keto swerve brown or coconut sugar.


Apple Upside Down Cake




Rustic Skillet Apple Pie



Apple Fritters



Skillet Apple Fritter Bread  and if you scroll down instead of using premade biscuit dough there is a link to make the bread from scratch



This is interesting Skillet Apple Brownie



and something super easy and really tasty-cast iron cinnamon apples



Happy Saturday and Weekend 

13 comments:

  1. Your fruit crisps look so good. Hubby loves anything apple so this is a great post for us. I will take my time and read each recipe, then keep what we might like. I hope your oven keeps on working. It's not a good time of the year to be out of an oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, Hope you find something you both will like. I agree bad time of year to not have an oven. Hoping it works through the holidays I like to bake a few cookies for us

      Delete
  2. I think those cinnamon apples look great and something I could probably make. That apple brownie sounds great, too. I like they didn't skimp on the spices, too. Thanks for sharing these great recipes, Kathy.

    SO glad to read your oven is working again. I'm sure you are happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love simple like those cinnamon apples too. Yes I am happy the oven is working better Happy weekend-hugs

      Delete
  3. What a yummy collection of apple recipes! Wish I could taste all of them :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The apple fritters sound interesting, even for my sleeping sweet tooth!
    And the cinnamon apples - we have vanilla ice cream still in the freezer! And apples in the fridge :-)
    Recipe saved!!! Great idea, thank you!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome those cinnamon apples are a favorite of ours and with ice cream-perfect-hugs

      Delete
  5. Some great recipes here and I have an abundance of apples

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all looks delicious, thank you for sharing, very tempting to taste them all. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy ¡How many delicious recipes with apples have you published! Crispy topping apples is a delicious dessert.
    I greet you from Argentina and I invite you to know my blogs
    https://siempreseraprimavera.blogspot.com/
    https://norma2-siempreesprimavera-norma2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit