Wednesday, November 17, 2021

A new Page for Art Journal Journey-All Kinds of Weather

   This morning I was working on my rocks, and all of a sudden strong winds and a huge drop in temperature came rolling in.  Just a bit after I came indoors Hubs calls for a phone number cause he has a flat tire. Luckily he was able to get to a friends house just a few miles from us.

   So stressed to the max over the situation-I went in my craft room to make a new journal page for Chris's theme All Kinds of Weather.  I had been thinking of a spring rain, since the area I am clearing out of rocks will be my first garden area full of flowers and herbs. I am striving to have this cleared before the ground freezes and we go into winter.

  I had a general idea for my page, but when I found one of those wet rags that I had used when I was painting (dried those and saved them to my stash) I found one that looked like mountains to me.

  So this page is Spring Rain in the Yellowstone Mountains.

(all photos will enlarge-just click on them)



I am really happy with this journal entry. I needed to cover a seam in the background (wet wipes) so I found this flower stem that I let travel up to the top page. Then I grabbed, stamps, ink, and colored pencils.



Top page


Those dark areas reminded me of the mountains, with the sky of white and blues above it  I am think I will go back in on the top page and extend the sky-with blues and clouds-if I do I will update





 Just as I finished with my journal page, I had gotten myself calmed down, and Hubs came walking down the steps.  All is good smiles

Updated page by rubbing in some blue pencil to extend the sky



These pages are more cohesive now


From a day ago- sky and lake photos-same morning for all photos




Happy Mid Week

22 comments:

  1. I like it!

    Wonderful photos, especially the violet sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is a great piece of art! If I should choose a favorite page this one would be near the top. It is sprinkling rain here now, but the cooler air hasn't reached us yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I like this page too-wasn't sure if that large flower stalk was too much for the page but I liked it in the end

      Delete
  3. Those morning lake photos are just amazing, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing morning scenery. Its good all is well. Reminded me of Old Faithful at Yellowstones. Beautiful masterpiece of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow it does look like Old Faithful-love that! enjoy your day

      Delete
  5. I was by earlier, but for some reason, I keep getting an error when I visit you and try to leave a comment.

    I like how this turned out, Kathy. The use of the colored pencils added to the effect of the rain which brought both pages together nicely. By drawing the eye to the top page, it helped diminish the large flower and made the composition quite pleasing. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Chris's theme.

    Your lake photos are spectacular. Such amazing color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that is strange I just got that error message answering a comment-google does strange things
      Thank you I am glad you like my page we are having some amazing lake views early in the mornings this month so far

      Delete
  6. Wonderful pages and fabulous photos, so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the falling rain effect on this scene! Fits beautifully. Once again, pretty lake photos! You must have hundreds of them. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Barbara, this month were are have amazing early morning views-almost every day

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous journal pages Kathy, the colours are lovely and I love the effects of rain that you have shown on the pages. Thank you for linking with Chris's theme at AJJ.
    Your photos were all super as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scary, wild weather - your work sure shows it well, but, ohhhh, the lake....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful weather piece Kathy. Spring rains and flowers work great for Chris’ challenge. And beautiful sky photos too. Hope your week is going well and thanks for sharing at AJJ too. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kathy! If rain looks this good in the Yellowstone mountains I wouldn't mind being soaked! Both versions are fabulous and perfect for my AJJ theme. Thanks so much for creating this spread. Those sky pics are absolutely wonderful - if only I could come and help you move those rocks:-) Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Chris, I am happy you like my page.
      You are sweetie to want to help with the rocks-we finally got some warmer weather again and no wind which is a biggy around here so I have been burning leaves-we have so many here-hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit