Sunday, November 28, 2021

All Kinds of Weather for AJJ

   Good morning Sunday,

      The sun is shining here, quite a few fisherman on the lake but brrrr it's quite chilly out there for us. Perhaps this afternoon I can get outdoors to move rocks or burn leaves.

    I shared a journal page the other day using my bear stamp but I wasn't quite happy with it, so I made another late yesterday that I really liked but before I messed it up with the stamped lettering. So this morning I thought 3rd time the charm?? smiles.

   I think I showed the stamp image better in this newest page, and am happy enough with my collage of papers and stamping to share over at Art Journal Journey with Chris's theme All kinds of weather.

  This is spring weather in Yellowstone park: Spring Awakes in Yellowstone.

I used a magazine page from a vintage Ideals magazine and grabbed the bear stamp again which reminded me of Yellowstone bear 399 and her 4 cubs born 2020. They are all grown up this year and stayed with Mama another year.

  I am still working in my German cookbook for mixed media journal pages. I used one page from the magazine and cut it up a bit before adding to page as background. I added the wolf-for Yellowstone's wolves, a trout as the park is still working on saving the native trout in Yellowstone Lake from invasive fish. and the bear stamp with 4 cubs.

all photos will enlarge just click on them




I grabbed watercolor pencils to color in the bear stamp, and blend it in with the background




19 comments:

  1. You definitely nailed it this time! It really does have the look and feel of spring in Yellowstone. I love it! It is interesting that 399 had four Cubs. That’s a big family for her to feed. Is she wearing a collar so she can be traced?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mary, I am not sure if she does or not. I know they give numbers for names, and last year just before hibernation they didn't know where she was-she left the Tetons and everyone worried she would get into trouble but she made it back safely to the Tetons a bit before hibernating. so she must not have a radio collar.

      Delete
  2. This reminds me of artwork by Gwen Frostic. Have you heard of her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it’s now done! The bear and fish stamps are great, the wolf goes very well with them, and the green forest foliage images are perfect with them all! Very nice composition-ing! 😁 you have a good sense of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully done, Kathy. I like the bears and the way you colored the fauna. That fish caught my eye, too. It's a lovely spread. I kept scrolling back and forth and enjoying it even more each time I looked at it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey using Chris's theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page, thanks for linking to AJJ, have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this!!! I love that bear stamp. I hope you will get back to painting again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellowstone must be such a lovely park. This really does look like a scene you might come across. Thank you so much for this page and for your support through the month! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellowstone is a magical place. I enjoyed your theme thanks Chris

      Delete
  8. A fabulous page Kathy, the bear stamp looks awesome and you created a wonderful feeling of nature in the wild with this scene. Thank you for linking to Chris's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit