Sunday, November 14, 2021

AJJ--All Kinds Of Weather

   Good morning Sunday, I wanted to make another page for Chris's theme All Kinds of Weather over at Art Journal Journey.

   All weekend the weather here has been fall weather-chilly, "raining" leaves and very windy. Since the fall months are my favorite weather (and season) I wanted to make another page with falling leaves-and use my black walnut ink too. I really am enjoying using my handmade ink these past few days. I am again adding my pages to my German cookbook mixed media journal



I used saved papers-the blue, the butterfly and the stripes are from an envelope from one of my snail mail friends,
   The larger dried plant images is from an Ideal fall magazine as are the little leaves and the poem. 
   The orange is a scrap of construction paper
   I grabbed a watercolor brush and painted in the little leaves with the black walnut ink


The upper page I stamped these trees with no more leaves, more of the little leaves that I painted with my black walnut ink, and a piece of wasabi tape with leaves




Thank you for stopping by

18 comments:

  1. Kathy you say you made black walnut ink? How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I did a blog post about it here https://hummingbirdwoodlandstudio.blogspot.com/2021/11/black-walnut-ink-finished-it-up-today.html I also read allot of information online-many similiar ways to make it but many a little different. I am really pleased with mine. If I would have had the time before the weather got bad (make outdoors) I would have boiled down the strained ink by half but it works really well for writing too

      Delete
  2. This is a super spread Kathy. You created a wonderful autumn spread. Autumn is a great time, I agree. And I like how you added those falling leaves too. Thanks for sharing this over at AJJ for Chris' challenge. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you treated the leaves by painting them in walnut ink. The spread is very autumn inspired with the use of the bare trees stamp and the washi tape. Nice entry for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the walnut ink. The painted leaves are perfect for a fall journal page. It's good that you got another gorgeous fall page in your journal. Our week doesn't look too bad, but after that it looks like we take another dip in temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks our week ahead doesn't look to bad either in the beginning-enjoy

      Delete
  5. Fabulous journal pages, have a great new week, and thanks for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, all blend together and fall into place, love the leafless trees. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful autumn pages Chris, I loved the leaf colour and the trees with the bare branches made me think of windy days. Thank you for linking to Chris's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great page for my theme at AJJ. The days are getting shorter, some trees are still trying to hold on to their leaves and it is definitely feeling colder. I love the leaves you coloured with your walnut ink. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit