Monday, March 2, 2020

T Stands for Tuesday & A Busy Week-Long With Lots of Photos

  I am posting for our T gathering with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth where we share a post and a drink related photo.
  I am posting a bit early and will visit those of you that post on Monday (USA time)  as I have a dentist checkup Tuesday morning. and I broke a tooth or a crown back in December that needs to get checked out too-so I will be later in the day on Tuesday to visit the rest of you.

  My friend and I did have a good day in Springfield, Mo last week Wednesday. We made our appointment with our accountant an hour later than we usually do as I drove an hour to my friends home-near our woods house, and then another hour to Springfield. It was a cold, windy light snowy day.
   Of course we did some craft shopping and we always go out to lunch. It was her turn to choose a restaurant. I liked the idea of the restaurant when she described it to me-but I was not impressed.  I learned afterwards that this was an all you can eat.
     It was set up to grab a small bowl and fill it up with meats, veggies, noodles etc and then take it to this big circle grill that a couple people cooked up for you.
   I have to look for gluten free, so I didn't trust any of the numerous sauces and oils-so I stuck with sesame oil and lime juice-figured that was safe. The meat all looked strange to me-thin sliced and I guess it was all frozen but looked dehydrated-I chose the two fish that they offered and one piece of sausage. They did have zucchini noodles so that was good for me. They offered rice for an extra cost. The hot tea was cold-I was not impressed for $15.00-did not leave a tip I don't eat dessert out-usually not gluten free-and they had no desserts-thought that was strange too.

     This was mine-I should have piled on more veggies-I was hungry again after an hour of shopping

Note: all photos will enlarge just click on them


This was my friends food-the egg rolls were not gluten free, and she added allot of meat to her dish


I was disappointed that the water was lukewarm for hot tea-as it was very cold that day-I should have sent it back
  This is my drink share for this week.


I had a couple of things on my craft list but did not find what I wanted-but I did pick up a couple stamps and two colors of ink pads I did not have

I have been wanting a Paris stamp, Hobby Lobby had several to choose from-I liked this one the best, and other one was too sweet not to come home with me. I needed some brushes, and I fell in love with this little frog on a leaf-a USA product line I found



I don't know what I will do with this piece-but I have a collection of ocean beads etc as I always wanted to make me a mermaid wool purse or at least an ocean theme with embroidery-I may just turn the purse into a lake theme instead
 I need to get busy with some of my projects that have been sitting for a bit.



  I did make another journal page. I had stamped the Paris stamp on to handmade paper from Mia in two different colors-and decided to make another page with the one I did not use.  This is similiar to my previous journal page-so am not going to submit to TIOT or AJJ this week.


The butterfly buttons were also from Mia-I am using up things from her goody box she sent me last year
   I used a green pencil to highlight these papers and the background flowers are from a Brecks catalogue


This is recycled from a Valentine card I received, the fabric flower from Mia, and small scraps left over from the handmade paper-I used a green pencil for a bit of color


This is my last little piece left from the handmade paper from Mia


Saturday I decided to make us pizzas.
    This is a big project since I now make the wheat crust for Larry and the gluten free crust for me instead of just making one gluten free.
    I realized after I started that I had only one jar of the classico pizza sauce and I needed two-so I looked up recipes for homemade pizza sauce-and wow so easy, and it turned out very good and thick. Here is the recipe I used, after it was cooked I added the jar of sauce I had and stirred it all together.
   Don't remember if I shared this before but I have found a really good gluten free crust recipe that is the best I have come across so far.
   We are eating very little carbs now and no breads so this was very very filling for us. we ate it again on Sunday, and I froze the rest for two more meals.

  I baked both on pizza stones

      The wheat crust


The gluten free crust


The pizza sauce, and the back skillet is italian sausage


I had read about this new yeast from red star and wanted to try it. I took a chance and used one for my gluten free crust too-although this has rye in it. (I had read that some people that have celiac can tolerate sourdough based with gluten)
  There was a hint of sourdough flavor which was nice in the pizzas-but I would not be too impressed for breads
   I have not seen this in the stores here yet, I found it online awhile back


  So after looking at these food photos-here is dessert 😀

I figure myself as an accomplished baker but I have not baked up many cheesecakes. Our friend that comes down for a visit that lives in Wisconsin makes amazing cheesecakes-it is her speciality so I just don't bake them.
  Recently though I have been baking up keto cheesecakes-the only difference is using keto sugars instead of sugar, and changing up the crusts-I like nut crusts or almond flour crusts.
  I had the ingredients, my author friend Peggy gave me a link to her go to keto recipes so I thought I would bake up this chocolate cheesecake.  I recommend this site for good low carb, and some gluten free recipes.
   This was quite a project-allot of steps to it and I have really not worked much with chocolate.  To keep it short I misread her sugar free chocolate as being Bakers squares of unsweetened chocolate-so in the end my batter seized up-got very thick. I was suppose to have used keto chocolate-chocolate sweetened with keto sugars.
   I decided to just bake it and see what happens. I had thought of adding more cream to it but decided not to do that. I contacted my friend, she suggested to bake the cheesecake at a lower temperature than the recipe-225 degrees f. She said if over baked this would turn out very very dry.
   It baked up nice-it was late in the day and needed to really chill,  so I waited til Monday morning to cut us small slices for breakfast to see if it was worth making the chocolate glaze that goes on top.
   This actually came out creamy but thick, and not sweet at all. I am now used to eating the 80% bars of chocolate so I like the flavor. This was lacking the sweetness that was supposed to be in the chocolate.
    Larry says it was pretty good too but needed the glaze and he says you know though that Marie's are better-yep they are lol

Out of the frig Monday morning


The sun was shining in on the counter when I cut this


The chocolate glaze added. I added extra keto sugar to the glaze to up the sweetness


  If you stuck with me til the end-thanks for reading

Have to share a couple lake photos from the lake Sunday morning early


There was a huge number of Canada geese swimming by-by the time I grabbed the camera they were behind the neighbor's dock


and this photo of the snow goose was taken looking out the window in Larry's  extra room
  We are beginning to think that perhaps this goose can not fly for some reason. He/she has been eating allot and walks with no limp-but he/she is in the same area as yesterday (Sunday)
   Update-the snow goose off flew off around noon-she just wanted to hang out I guess lol



Happy T everyone!!
   and if you did not see my previous post-please read-excellent sensible things to do to protect yourself from the virus

34 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a lot done this week. Love your crafty goodies and your makes, but I am very impressed by your baked goods, they look sooooo good. Sorry hour meal out wasn't up to your expectations. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that adorable little frog on the lily pad :) The pizza looks delicious as does that chocolate cheesecake. Yummm! Your lake views are a perpetual delight :) Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I fell in love with the frog on the lily pad too

      Delete
  3. Not a good restaurant for you, Kathy! We had a Monogolian BBQ place like that in NJ, which we enjoyed. But we didn't have any dietary restictions back then.

    I love your frog on a lily pad. Look at mine https://theartfulcrafter.com/blog/lost-earring.html. Isn't that a neat coincidence?

    I bake really good cheesecake, but "just" NY style - no special requirements. Just 600 calories a slice!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the cheesecakes have lots of calories for sure-I did cut out all the sugar but it is an indulgence-thanks for the link-I love your frog on lilypad too-Happy T

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Kathy. I thought you might want to see the frog on lily pad I molded with resin. It came our pretty neat and my necklace/earring set was complete again. https://theartfulcrafter.com/blog/easy-mold-making.html

      Delete
  4. I Must Have Gained 20 Pounds While Reading This Post - Great Photos

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Pizzas look delicious, my husband always makes his own sauces for pizzas and bolognese type sauces, tomatoes are so cheap over here and the cherry ones are so sweet.
      Our sons love cheesecakes but our DIL is Polish and they do baked cheesecake without any fruit or biscuit base, so every time we have cheesecake we have big discussions about which is the best. I make marmalade with the fruit from the garden but use less sugar as I don’t like it too sweet, I usually add a touch of pectin to make sure it sets as I’ve had lots of runny marmalade over the years due to lack of sugar.mind you it still gets used on baked hams and tarts so it’s never wasted.
      Happy T Day
      Jan x

      Delete
    2. Good morning, that is so wonderful that you have your own citrus trees-marmalade sounds awesome to be able to make and can up. there are so many ways to make up a cheesecake-I just started making them since there is no flour-grains involved. I have canned up allot of my own tomatoes in sauces too but just never thought of making a pizza sauce-I will from now on.

      Delete
  5. New blog-design, oh, so Spring-y, I love it!

    Huhhh. Dentist. Next Thursday... Uh-oh, good luck (to both of us).

    It was the time of food desasters, it seems!!! Everywhere, too!
    Froggy time here also. Oh, what a cutie :-)
    As your handicraft!
    And the pizza! (I am thankful I have no food-allergies, my respect how you manage!).

    I am honest. Sweet tooth was deep asleep I just "flew" over your chocolate thingy! My Brother, though, would sit on your doorstep already!

    Oh, you call it "extra-room" :-) And geese hang out, too, and why not!
    Thankfully we´re quite safe here in Germany, virus-like. Best wishes to you and a happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iris, yes dentist this morning-an hour drive away-ugh-it is suppose to be my 6 month check up and cleaning but he will need to check on my broken tooth-or crown.
      I fell in love with this little frog, yes we each have our own extra room which is wonderful so far safe from virus here too but I us to be prepared. we won't be going out in public much unless we just have to

      Delete
  6. Oh all so yummie!!! And your pages are always a delight!!
    Happy T-Day dear Kathy!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your not going to believe this...I was shopping at my Hobby Lobby yesterday, today I'm going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and there going to tell me my crown needs to be replaced and I'm a gluten free girl too! Your pizza a chocolate dessert look amazing ~ (oh & I also have the little man drinking coffee rubber stamp) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow we are blog sisters for sure-hugs.that is cool you have the stamp with this little guy-at the bottom of the stamp is says thanks a latte lol I had bought it years ago when I was retiring and made up cookbook of collected recipes and stamped him on the last page good luck at the dentist too

      Delete
  8. Your meal looks disappointing. Not THAT bad, but I'm not a fan of that faux crab. Are you allergic to shrimp? If not, why no shrimp. That's a staple in these oriental bbq style places. I LOVE egg rolls, but those look like they were cooked far too long.

    I had to laugh. My friend Sally and I went to the local oriental buffet right before the news of the COVID-19 virus news broke. I said I was glad we went, but I doubt I'll go back to ANY buffet until I'm sure this virus is under control.

    As I said earlier, I really like that Paris stamp. Those brushes look fabulous, too. And all 25 come with their own holder. That frog on a lily pad is adorable. I can see it on a purse.

    You are certainly going through a ton of the gifts Mia sent you last year. I'm impressed. I have a tendency to hoard gifts.

    I used to cook my cheesecake, then found a recipe where you don't bake it. I'm a lazy cook, so if I can whip up a cheese cake and NOT have to bake it, I'm a happy camper. I admire your creativity and ability to create everything from chocolate cheesecake to gluten free pizza.

    Sorry your food experience wasn't that good, since you don't go out all that often, and even sorrier your tea was cold. Ironically, my server was the best part of my trip and I left our waitress a $5.00 tip, while your service was so bad, you left nothing. I definitely don't blame you. Regardless, thanks for sharing your trip to Springfield and your tea with us for T this Tuesday. Again, sorry for taking so long to get here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was something I forgot to mention in my post-no shrimp which I was surprised about too, the only fresh fish was pollach. I have not tried making one of those no bake cheesecakes-I may look into that for the summer. I usually leave a tip but I didn't like anything about this restaurant including the waiter
      We won't be eating out at all especially to a buffet until the virus is gone. Happy T-and you are not late visiting at all-hugs

      Delete
  9. You have been busy Kathy. Sorry your meal out wasn't very good, but I guess that's what happens when you take turns. You sometimes have to put up with the not so good. But it does look like you had a good trip to Hobby Lobby. And you made not only a great journal page (you should link up to AJJ with all that green in the background) and a delicious looking cheesecake. YUMMY! Have a great T day Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erika, I love Hobby Lobby stores but I only get to visit them now once a year when we go into Springfield to get our taxes done. there are no craft stores nearby me at all-so I do allot of shopping for what I need online.
      I had shared a similiar journal page with this Paris stamp so I decided til I make something really different to share on AJJ Happy T hugs

      Delete
  10. Don't worry, I love lots of photos! What a great post today. Lots to look at and to drool at.
    Yes, your pizzas look really yummy. And the sauce? I have always made my own sauce. I would use a sauce that I would make for pasta and reduce it a bit more, or use a bit of left-over sauce (I always make too much). shop bought xauce always have lot of sugar in them (and I don't like anything with added sugar).
    Good for you that you made your accontant visit a day out with some shopping thrown in. Nice things you bought. I like the leaf ith the frog.
    Your cheese cake looks interesting, but if it is not sweet enough, it's not really nice. And the sour dough yeast is new to me. I had never heard of that.
    Love pictures of the lake and the geese.
    Happy T-Day,
    hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisca, I have made allot of tomato sauces in the past and canned them up, even salsa, but just never thought of making pizza sauce for some reason. yes store bought I have to read the ingredients-no gluten, low salt, and low sugar.
      This is a new yeast-I bought 6 packets of these I think-I won't re buy them-I liked them in the pizza dough but not a strong enough flavor for sourdough breads.
      This snow goose is still here Larry thought maybe she was tired and need a layover for rest and food Happy T

      Delete
  11. You were very busy this past week. I'm sorry to hear your lunch experience wasn't very good. I like the lake photos, especially the early morning sky. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne-we have been some pretty morning skies lately

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the post about the virus. I had not read that info before-it was very helpful. Love your food photos and of course, your beautiful lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found the virus post helpful-I learned new things from it.

      Delete
  13. too bad about your meal and tea out, but you did manage some nice crafting supplies:) Love the Paris stamp, and House Mouse designs are darling aren't they. I love Archival inks too!
    Your pizza and cake looks so delicious and are making me hungry as i haven't even gotten to my breakfast yet. Lovely views of the water. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Linda.Yes I love the mouse stamp-too sweet. Happy T

      Delete
  14. Such a busy week. Too bad the restaurant wasn't a better experience. Lukewarm tea is the pits. At least you had a good shopping expedition and art session. The pizzas look good. I've never tried to bake a cheesecake. The only ones I've done were done in cupcake liners with a vanilla wafer crust. They were popular for showers and teas back in the 80s. Beautiful lake pictures. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember those little cheesecakes I am thinking perhaps those were the no bake kind which would be quick and easy
      I agree lukewarm tea at restaurant is the pits for sure-I need to speak up and ask for hot water. Happy T

      Delete
  15. Shame about the restaurant as the food looked good! It sounds like you had a lovely day out with your friend, so nice to go craft shopping and it's always nice to find some bargains too 😀. I'm loving the pizza and wow, that cheesecake looks so yummy, I'd love a slice with my cuppa pretty please ...lol 😉. Your pages are fabulous, I love how you recycled the papers and those little butterflies off Mia are beautiful! So nice to see all the geese on that lake too! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jo thanks so much. we love pie and cheesecake with coffee for breakfast-so good-or as an afternoon treat. we have been seen allot of geese and other birds now that it is warming up Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a shame your outing turned out not to be up to expectations - I'm pleased you found some craft supplies! Your pizza and desserts look great - I have almost(!!!!) given up on desserts, at least till the meds stabilise! Love the pink lake! Happy T day! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit