Sunday, March 1, 2020

Second on the 2nd

  Good morning, this is a quick post to share a second look on the 2nd for Bleubeard and Elizabeth. 
  In this event we share a previous blog post with link.

 I found this one March 13, 2009  Making pie




This was always one of my Mom's favorites a pie made with fresh blueberry and cranberry.


Today   (Sunday March 1)  We have a lovely spring day here with full sunshine, slight breeze, and lots of boats zipping by on the lake. Hubs is working on getting a a/c and heater combo mounted in the garage so he can work up there.  He forgets I think that he can't do these projects anymore by himself.  I can't bug him too much otherwise he will do it anyway-husbands I know.  He did just call  two people that have been helping us that live an hour away-and they agreed to come up and help-so thankful.  We will be have our 2 pm dinner early today-salad and homemade pizza from yesterday.

   I will be back to post a new journal page share and T

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE the look of this pie, wish I had some here right now! Have a great March, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I LOVE pie, so this looks SO good. It sounds so good, too. I'm thrilled you shared this with us as your second look on the 2nd.

    It's been warm here, but we are headed for cooler temps today (Monday). I'm ready for spring, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, this is really an excellent pie-recipe found in an old Farm cookbook. we are headed for cooler too-but wow we had such a lovely weekend I am ready for spring too

      Delete
  3. Lovely weather here, too!

    Just watching "Blue Bloods" and it went, at professional ice-skating they shake hands afterwards, no matter who won. "That is special".

    Our American Football players do that, too. Do yours?
    Is it special??? Isn´t that normal? Without the other team there is no game, right?

    Hmmm pie. As you can guess we make meat pies, but I like Apfelstrudel! Apple pie, with vanilla ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have been watching pro hockey cheering on the Missouri team and I love that too-the football players not as much.
    apple pie with ice cream-yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pie is a work of art. I'm always thankful when a friend helps my hubby with projects too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we love pie-I learned from my Mom and farm girl Grandma

      Delete
  6. Oh, that pie looks spectacular! And we all have to realize our limitations. Good that he asked for help. Happy 2nd on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh yum! That looks really nice. We can get fresh blueberries but not cranberries. Not even the frozen ones I could buy in England.
    I'm glad your husband is asking for help. My hubby is 72 and still does all the work himself. He does take it easy, so I am glad of that, but sometimes I worry.
    See you tomorrow at the T-Party,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes our Men are used to doing it themselves-Larry does know his limitations bummer cranberries are not available

      Delete
  8. Pie! I want pie. Pie is my favorite dessert/sweet. Just looking at your picture makes me think I might have to bake a pie. Yours looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum. This looks and sounds delicious Kathy. I've never had a blueberry/cranberry pie, but what a good idea. Hope it was a great March 2. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit