Friday, March 6, 2020

Journal Page for AJJ & Lovely Day

A beautiful Friday today-full sun, little wind (we have been having high winds for a few days) a little on the chilly side-but one gets the feeling that Spring is near.

This morning early around 6 am the lake was a deep blue so needed to grab my camera




If you get tired of seeing these views let me know.

We drove into Versailles looking for an electrical store for a part Larry needed to hook up his a/c heater for the garage.  We found a farm and ranch store that was neat-I felt like a cowgirl in there-rows and rows of cowboy and cowgirl boots, and all sorts of cool items if I was still living in the woods.  A nice sales lady directed us to the Mennonite area of business's and Hubs found exactly what he needed.
  I had been curious about a bulk store that has a different owner than the chain of the bulk stores that are in Missouri.  I was a bit disappointed as it was set up more for the tourists Larry thought they probably had different prices for the locals opposed to the non Mennonite-just a feeling we had. They did have good prices on bulk herbs and spices, and they had local honey and sorghum which I was glad to know about.
    So it was a nice morning out of the house.

    I wanted to make another journal page for AJJ with Eileen's theme green. I had some ideas in mind-and I am happy how it ended up.

   I put a layer of gesso on the one page, then when dry I grabbed my kid's watercolors and painted a background with two different greens.


I found this piece of cardboard and had thought of using it to stamp a fence-but will try that out on another page


Once the paint was dry, I stamped the flowers across the page, let dry, and cut out this pretty piece with bees from a magazine. I grabbed these crayons, and rubbed in the green crayon over the white background-made it much softer


I decided to also extend this to the journal page on top. I decided to let the recipe words show through this green tissue paper-with sparkles. I stamped the honey and the bees, and found this neat quote in a magazine-I really loved it and wanted it to be in my journal.



Oh and I also stamped on the butterflies to the left I had the thought to color in the flowers but decided to leave it just outlined as part of the background




Thank you for stopping by I will be sharing at AJJ 

24 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll every tire of views of the lake. There is something so calming and relaxing around water. Your green pages are very pretty. We're going through a bit of cold and maybe a dusting of snow before things warm up again. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I was hoping my readers would enjoy the lake views with its changing colors.
      we were cold today-but suppose to be really nice over the weekend-

      Delete
  2. You know I love your lake photos, Kathy! Your journal is coming along so nicely. I think making journals is your big thing! Your imagination shines. I felt it strongly in your thought to make a stamped fence with the large corrugated piece of cardboard, and I look forward to seeing it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The views of the lake are wonderful, nobody could ever tire of seeing them! Sounds like an interesting store you went to. You made some beautiful green pages for Eileen's challenge, I especially like the second one. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops thank you for correcting me Eileen's not Linda-hugs
      Thanks for your comments about the lake photos-I got to thinking it is the same area for the photos-out the big windows, so thought maybe that would get tiring-but it does change almost every day-amazing.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, you know how much I love your lake photos!!!
    Both these pages are beautiful! I love the green blackground and the sparkling tissue paper you used. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love those views kathy !! they are espectacular ! And I loooove your Art journal pages !! the backgrounds are incredible, wonderful, great stamps and images you added.
    I would like to add your beautiful blog to my sidebar, could I do it ? Thanks.
    I wish you a very nice weekend, and send big hugss,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Caty, thank you so much for you kind comments.
      Yes I would love to have you follow and put me on your sidebar-thank you hugs

      Delete
  6. Tired of that view?! LOL Never! I'm betting summertime on that deck will be even more heavenly :) A source for local honey is always nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific spread, Kathy. The "Hive Rules" block is very cool and I like how the recipe shows through. Gosh, you have some lovely stamps!

    Thank you for joining us at Art Journal Journey with this beautiful green spread. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Eileen, yes I have collected several stamps over the years Happy weekend

      Delete
  8. that is wonderful this green journal!!! The photos are so beautiful!
    Greetings elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its lovely to see the views of the lake as they change over the seasons Kathy, you are lucky to live close to the lake.
    I love your latest art journal page and all the details you added. The hive rules were a super addition and your stamps look beautiful.
    Thank you for adding this to Eileen's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning thank you Yvonne I am happy everyone is enjoying the lake views too

      Delete
  10. I have NO idea how I missed this one. It's incredible. I especially LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your BEE rules. It is amazing. Thanks also for another entry using Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth-I loved the Bee rules too and needed to sve it

      Delete
  11. Beautiful view, it is so hard to capture the majesty of dawn in photos. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the honey bee theme Kathy on your journal page. Pretty soon they will be buzzing around. I can't wait. And that is a gorgeous blue of the lake. I don't know who could get tired of that. Happy Sunday and thanks for linking up at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, yes spring is just around the corner for sure-hugs

      Delete
  13. Hi Kathy, those pictures you took of the lake...

    They're wonderful! So pretty ^.^

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit