Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Spring for Art Journal Journey

   I had stamps out on my work desk and added more stamps, along with color pencils, and I found I still had a piece of packing material that is perfect for stamping. So I made another journal page for Valerie's Spring theme.

  The journal I am working on has just a couple more pages and it will be complete, so perfect for another spring page.

  and Wow this afternoon we made it up to 80 degrees f that was a surprise-although tomorrow we will drop to 59 degrees f

  


Those pencils on the right still in the package I had bought at Yellowstone's gift store back a few years when I visited. These have no wood in them just all pencil. This is the first time I used those

   I also used another sheet of the brown packing paper for the background



I stamped with a bare tree and off that a stamp with a bird on a limb. The middle is one stamp, also butterflies, bees, and flowers were stamped around the path


Since that middle stamp says garden paths-I made bricks with that cardboard packing material





Those of us closing out winter are for sure looking forward to spring-thank you Valerie for a fun theme.

27 comments:

  1. Lovely welcoming spring journal. Love the brown color background and subtle lavender colors. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Kathy. What I really like is the cool cardboard packing material and how that stamps. It really adds lots of texture to your page. And it is perfect for Valerie's spring challenge. It feels so war and full of joy. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful spring journal! Love the butterfly stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also drawn to that packing material and how you used it as a background. Really clever way to use it and to turn it into a garden path. This is a charming entry for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey and a lovely way to recycle that packing material, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Elizabeth, I was thinking what could I use for bricks and I remembered I still had some of this left

      Delete
  5. Fabulous page, Kathy, love the bricks, very cleverly stamped. Thanks for another super page for my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely page. Very creative use of packaging as a stamp! I feel like I need to raid the recycling bin cause I am sure I've tossed some of that in the trash recently... :D
    Happy Journaling!
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this packaging came with something we bought that needed allot of packing material-this is very stiff so perfect for stamping

      Delete
  7. Great idea with the cardboard!!!
    Love the outcome. Very cold, but sunny here, Spring sure is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Iris we are back to cooler temps again but sunshine-loving that

      Delete
  8. I love how you created the backing print for this fantastic page Kathy, a super idea to used it as a stamping image, it does look so like a pathway. Thank you for linking this Springtime page to Valerie's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging makes a great background I love all the beautiful sights on your walk around the garden - a great Spring page for Valerie's theme! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto everyone! The packing as a stamped background is so attractive and genius! Very creative of you to think of that! I never heard of wordless colored pencils. They should be a joy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. The packing material leaves a nice print.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy seeing people's arts and crafts stuff. Your end result looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE your creativity! The garden path you created with packing paper is really amazing! They look just like garden bricks!!! This is another perfect page for the Spring theme! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit