Thursday, March 17, 2022

Just a Quick Post of My Day

   This morning we had a gorgeous-pre sunrise, so I took a video


We were 75 degrees f again today once it warmed up.  I did start early though, and dug up grass in the area I wanted to plant the roots. It went well, late in the day when the sun was not hot, I decided to plant the roots (30 of them) since tomorrow brings rains and cooler temps. Quite pleased but I can feel the soreness tonight.  Hot shower and a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows was perfect. 😀

 It worked out that I had dug up the right amount of area too. Where the grass begins in the photo in front that is near the second rock project I worked on last year.   These plants need to be in the shade, and there are no leaves on the trees yet, so I may need to figure out how to  cover them when the sun gets hot again on Sunday  I put a little of the soil seed starting mix on top of them so I would know where they are planted til they get established. That pipe is for drainage that Larry has not put in place yet.



I was a little disappointed as some of the roots were very small and some large. I had planted them in the seed starting soil when I got them in yesterday and ended up losing two of the goldenseal-I  may tell the seller and see if he will send me replacements.

   Happy Friday and weekend   Tomorrow I will be making us reuben sandwiches with the corned beef left overs a favorite that we don't eat often.

and the sunrise from this morning-all the red was gone



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful video, oh, the reflection on the lake is just beautiful!
    That looks like a lot of work, and yes, hope you get a replacement for the lost roots.
    Have a happy Friday, hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, es the reflections on the water were amazing Happy Friday

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful presunrise scene! I like to start my day early too. You sure had a very productive morning, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you have a lot to worry about Kathy. The sun is still not high enough in the sky to cause severe damage to your shade loving plants. I would take a photo of the damaged or dead plants and send it via e-mail to the seller. S/he might do right if s/he has some proof. I think you are going to love this area very soon!

    That was an amazing pre-sunrise. Just a great backdrop for you, too!

    Happy start to the weekend. It's cold and rainy here!





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, these needed to get into the ground and we are having some very sunny days here-a good thing though.
      Yes I am excited about herbs and flowers. Happy you enjoyed the video-hugs rain here today and cooler-perfect the new plants

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous start to a day! Wonderful video! You have nothing to envy me living by the sea when you have this pure loveliness to wake up to of a morning! Have a good day! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Amanda-our views are very special and we take time to enjoy them very day-hugs

      Delete
  5. Wonderful pictures and video from the lake and the sk, so pretty. Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning views, Kathy! What a beautiful start to the day! You are really getting a head start on spring . Yesterday was such a beautiful day, but today was cold and windy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, yes the view was amazing this morning. I needed to get these roots in the ground the geranium I will move later to a different spot but they needed to get into the ground rain and cooler here too

      Delete
  7. Popped over from Iris at double half or one ten; where exactly is the Ozarks? I love your lake views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you the Ozarks is in Arkansas and Missouri. I live in Missouri in a lake home on Lake in the Ozarks-this is a very long man made lake-with dams to make electricity. this is now a a big tourist area we live in a rural area of the lake

      Delete
  8. Amazing video and photos. Love how how you start your day, hope you dont get sore muscles much. Hot choc with marchmallows sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, I did get a little sore which showed up about two days later but all good now. thanks for visiting

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit