Saturday, March 5, 2022

One More Journal Page for Spring

  Good morning, I had one more page to create to fill up the journal spiral cookbook I have been using, gifted by Barbara a year or so ago.

  So thinking fishing for spring as the Missouri State Parks that have trout hatcheries open up on March 1st. Larry went a few times with our friend Lilburn years ago at Bennett Springs State Park. There were always soooo many fisherman-woman lined up next to each other that they would fish in a good spot just outside the main park.

   Some years it would be bitter cold but the fisherman always came-many a family tradition here in Missouri.

  So I grabbed my fish stamp, and my tin of Crayola detail markers,  tissue papers and a piece of packing material, and the tree stamp.

  I am no painter for sure, so things are a bit out of size but another fun page to create. Thanks to Valerie's theme over at Art Journal Journey-Spring

I started out trying to draw a stringer for the fish hanging, didn't look like a stringer so added a fishing pole leaning on the tree.  The day I finished this page a howling wolf wax stamp finally arrived. I was disappointed that the wolf is very small compared to the photo on the listing. Not wanting to not waste the sealing wax I added it here to see what it looked like


I glued  two colors of tissue paper for background, added the packing paper as a trail, and used the markers for the grass, water, tree, fishing poll. Grabbed a tree stamp for the background, and also stamped the fish



This stamp is a little tricky to get turned the way you want it. probably doesn't fit on this page, but I wanted to see the wolf haha

  I dotted the grass with yellow for dandelions, and other little yellow flowers that pop up in the wild


Happy Sunday

19 comments:

  1. That's a very vivid and beautiful spring page. Love the tree stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one WHOPPING big fish you caught, Kathy. I bet you get a prize for catching it. This definitely reminds me of spring in Missouri and is a great entry for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know haha so out of proportion for sure-only fish stamp I have, and I couldn't draw a good one. yes opening trout season is the beginning of spring here

      Delete
  3. Well done! This could be river Oker, where in summer you also see people trying to catch fish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the composition again. It travels in all directions as always. I giggled at your own critique that things are out of size, especially the gigantic fish next to the tree, but the background trees are in perfect perspective. I like the water, it’s very effective. Was that drawn by you, or a stamp? I’m glad you have been using the spiral cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes this page completes that spiral cookbook--I drew the water-and I was happy with that too.

      Delete
  5. Fishing season opens April 1 here and I know what you mean about people lined up to fish. Some years there is even ice on the lake still and only a small open area. that's a great idea for a spring page Kathy. I bet the fishermen are waiting for one of those big fish you added. Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal JOurney for Valerie's challenge, and enjoy the rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous journal page, Kathy, and what a huge fish! I have never caught a fish in all my life, but my husband used to go fishing a lot! Thanks so much for anoher entry for my theme at AJJ Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Valerie, last time I caught a fish was when we first retired and I caught a trout

      Delete
  7. Wow it turned out like how imagines when you wrote "good spot just outside the main park". Spring activities sound interesting. Love your skill. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a fantastic page Kathy and I liked the idea that such a big fish was caught on the line. I think many folk would like to go out fishing and enjoy the coming of Spring. Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme over at AJJ
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous page Kathy, you created a lovely scene!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit