Friday, March 4, 2022

Cast Iron Saturday Irish Soda Breads

 Welcome to my Cast Iron Saturdays post where I share recipes I find online using cast iron.

  Do you like to make an Irish Soda Bread for St Patrick's Day or just because it's March?  I have not made one in a long time since we stopped eating breads, but I always liked them, and planning to make one soon-but I forgot about picking up a carton of buttermilk today when I did food shopping, but I am thinking yogurt would work well too.


 Traditional Brown Irish Soda Bread


Skillet Irish Soda Bread
  I have always added raisins or currents to Irish Soda Breads and this one has that



Super Simple Irish Soda Bread  this one uses currents


Traditional Irish Soda Bread with the History



Irish Soda Bread-no knead quick easy


Walnut Oatmeal Sweet Irish Soda Bread-this one is quite different and can be baked in cast iron


Here is a Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread  from Eating Well



and to close I found Irish Soda Bread Scones  these can easily be baked in cast iron



  If you should have a favorite recipe for this bread you are most welcome to share in comments.
   Happy weekend everyone.

17 comments:

  1. I need to bake one SOON! They all look so good and would be perfect with a salad or hot soup for a cozy and delicious lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree-I will make one around StPatricks day we love cornbeef so I make a dinner for that

      Delete
  2. I did make some low carb breads, still some in the freezer, but you know what is really creepy?
    I dreamed of such a bread last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making me hungry for bread, one of life’s pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those types of bread looking really good! I have said this umpteen times there is nothing better than fresh homemade bread! It so reminds me of the one day that my mother made bread. The smell alone brings back so many charming memories. A piece of fresh homemade crusty bread and homemade butter is a delight! Those were the days...sigh! Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree years ago I made all of our bread-and enjoyed the process-there are soooo many breads out there to try.

      Delete
  5. These look yummy Kathy. I made some last year with browned onions and shredded cheese. It was yummy. It is almost that time of year, isn't it? I guess I can't believe St. Patrick's Day is coming since if so wintery here still. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we have enjoyed a couple 70 degree days, but t storms coming in this afternoon and then back to cold again-very up and down weather this year

      Delete
  6. Well I'm going to make a few of these-thank you! I would join your Wednesday recipe day but I have no idea how to link my blog post - I used to do it with my older computer, but I need my son to show me on this one.
    I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning Debra, we are enjoying a lovely 70 degree day today but the weather is changing this afternoon t storms and cold weather moves in again Happy weekend hugs

      Delete
  7. To my knowledge, I've never had soda bread. However, I love all kinds of bread, even I don't make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember if I have seen soda bread in the stores this month. I am thinking a good bakery might

      Delete
  8. Soda bread sounds good. Love the collections of bread above. Would like to try making it too. Nice sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit