Monday, January 31, 2022

T Stands for Busy Weekend

   It's the very first T of February and on the 1st as well, can you believe we are into February already??  In ways January for me seemed like a long month-which does have 31 days, but it also seemed to go by too quickly as well.

  You are welcome to join us for T at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog-link in my side bar-just need to share a drink  related photo.

  I am sorry I didn't get many photos, I am not one to take allot of photos but rather just enjoy the moments. Our friends from Wisconsin drove down to tour some wineries and distilleries in Hermann Missouri and then cross over and visit us at the Lake in the Ozarks. They were watching the weather forecast and this was the perfect weekend to drive down without winter roads. Uh that's changing starting late tomorrow (Tuesday) through Friday I think the weather people said rain turning to ice or snow and ending up towards 15 inches of snow in different areas in Missouri. Not sure if we are included in all that-hoping not.

  Marie and I both love to cook and bake, so each evening was filled with good eats and good company. Saturday I went with them to go back to one of the wineries we visited last summer in Stover, Mo. It was a fun time, got me out of the house, enjoy tasting wines and visiting with the family that owns this winery. We had started a warm up on Saturday but by late afternoon it was a bit cool, so the owners started up a fire in the fire pit and we visited with a few others that were doing what we were.

  I never get out anymore with people, so I really enjoyed that. Saturday evening Marie made us steak, a buttery garlic-spicy shrimp, browned potatoes in the oven and I added the broccoli. Marie always bakes Larry a cheesecake every time they visit, so we enjoyed that too all weekend. I had baked up two loaves of the pumpkin bread (I shared the recipe awhile back) added yellow raisins this time, and Rob loved it. There are only 2 slices left from the two loaves-so that recipe is a keeper for sure.


   Of course we drank wine with our meals but I forgot to take photos. You can see my cup with tea in the back.

  Sunday evening I cooked and prepared fajitas (from scratch), made a cast iron skillet of black beans with green chilis and peeled tomatoes. I also made us mango margaritas. We had the KC Chiefs game on-we were all stunned they didn't win, as I think most of the fans are and especially after the amazing game last week.  We are all Green Bay Packer fans and the Pak were a major disappointment the week before-so I have no reason to watch the super bowl now.

   Before a big storm hits I always catch up with all the laundry, and get in any supplies we may need so we will be good til the weather and roads clear. I did that early afternoon today.

   My drink share this week is a cup of tea. My allergies and asthma have been rough this season still,  So I have been taking a few herbal supplements and healing teas.



 We have had to deal with the little grey squirrels wanting to eat all of the bird seed-it was just a matter of time before they became a problem. I had to take down my two bird feeders so they wouldn't destroy them, and now we just throw out seed on the little table and on the floor of the deck a couple times a day.



  With the warmer weekend we enjoyed seeing ducks and geese again on the lake. The young female eagle has been visiting too This bird is much larger than the much smaller juvenile that visits also. In these type of birds the female is always the largest


This morning's sunrise was a bright one


 Since my house is clean (I had done a deep clean in December and another just before our friends visit), and supplies are in, I think I can put my feet up and relax for a few days with reading and working with my crafts-and watch out our "wall of windows" to see what this winter storm will bring.

   Happy T Everyone 

46 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really fun weekend with your friends visiting. And ate well too. Baking in the winter is always a big temptation, although for me the bad thing is I don't get as much exercise to burn off those yummy and waistline problem calories. Smile. I hope you have a happy T day Kathy, week ahead and also start to February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, yes we did have a fun weekend this is true about the winter baking but I do tend to bake more during the colder months. Happy T hugs

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky to have a friend who likes to cook as much as you. It must have been a food fest weekend. It even looks wonderful.

    So glad you got to visit a winery while your friends were there.

    You can definitely put up your feet and relax for a few days while the show blows, then goes. We are supposed to get up to 12+ inches. I'm definitely not looking forward to it. But you definitely deserve it, that's for sure.

    You have two beautiful mugs to share with us this week and that tea sounds wonderful. I've only had elderberry once and it was wine, so I bet the tea is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your squirrels, the lovely lake shots, the food your friend made, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Kathy,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, wish we were still closer-we have done allot of cooking and baking together over the years-allot of outdoor cooking as well.
      Our friends are really enjoying visiting wineries-they take allot of wine tours of several close together.
      I do love elderberry too Happy T

      Delete
  3. Awesome that you had a great time with your friends. The steak and garlic shrimp look really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it was a wonderful weekend for sure-especially so we don't have friends anymore nearby.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a you had a fun and yummy time with your friends at the weekend. The food looks fantastic. Grey squirrels are sometimes hard to chase off! Love all the photos you shared. Happy T Day and a great, new month, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, yes it was a wonderful time for us with our friends-over 30 years

      Delete
  5. Ι need a coffee sitting in the balcony during the sunrise in the lake! You are a very lucky lady, Kathy. Your organic tea seems delicious, I will try to find it in Greece. Happy T day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Mia, yes we are very greatful to live where we can enjoy these gorgeous views. This was a delicious tea too-Happy T hugs

      Delete
  6. The food that you enjoyed with your friends sounds delicious. That is great you were able to visit after a long period of not going out.
    I really enjoy Traditional Medicinals tea, although I have not tried this flavor. Stay warm!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, I had not seen this flavor of tea before-it is really nice. I shop for allot of things on vitacost's site and they had these teas on sale so I picked up a couple.
      Happy T

      Delete
  7. What a great way to spend a weekend- with friends and chats, AND someone else who enjoys cooking and baking too! We have had to take down feeders temporarily because of the squirrels but for the most part that is in late Spring.
    Beautiful sunrise over the lake. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I think I really needed this weekend allot-to be able to visit and cook with friends.
      these squirrels are more mischivious than the large red ones. keeps us entertained haha

      Delete
  8. Glad y'all had a chance to gather with friends for a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Putting your feet up to rest and relax, and to watch what will come through your wall of windows sounds like a perfect ending to a wonderful long weekend. It's always good to get out and about ever so often, so yay for that! All eyes are definitely on the approaching winter storm - preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. Take care and enjoy the gorgeous views through your wall of windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mary-this morning I am about ready to start peeling apples for another apple crisp with tart cherries for us--I posted a video at the bottom of my coming up Food wednesdays post-the sky was gorgeous this morning-started out all red

      Delete
  10. The ice is supposed to get to us on Thursday. Brrr!!! Ice is scary. Steak always sounds good, and I always enjoy black bean (or any other kind of) fajitas :) I keep some of that tea around but haven't had any in a while. I do like it :) Squirrels are pests! "Tree rats" as Daddy called them. I've spent years trying to come up with bird feeder arrangements that'll keep them off. So far, so good :)

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I am no fan of ice now retired I just stay indoors now smiles Larry calls them tree rats too-the chipmunks are really bad here as well I have been using more black beans over the pintos for these type of dishes

      Delete
  11. The time spent with your friends sounds really nice - isn't it lovely to spend time with people you really like and feel comfortable with? The food looks delicious and cheesecake sounds tasty, too. I hope the upcoming storm won't be too hard on you, but good that you have all the supplies to last a few days without going out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks it was a wonderful weekend for us She makes the best cheesecakes too I am hoping we do not get all that snow they are talking about

      Delete
  12. Oh those king prawns/shrimp look so delicious, I could happily eat a plate full ...lol 😉. Sounds like you've been keeping busy despite the snow and how amazing to see the eagles and sunsets by the lake, you live in such a wonderful place! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo they were delicious she has a great recipe for these. we love shrimp too-smiles.
      yes I am always greatful to live in such a pretty place hugs

      Delete
  13. Glad you had a nice time with your visitors, and the food sounds delicious - especially fajitas and margaritas! Sorry your asthma and allergies have been a problem, one thing I have noticed since having to wear a mask, is that mine have improved, a side benefit lol. Thanks for your comment today, no I still don't have any heating, have to save up the pennies before it can be fixed. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my asthma was worse with the masks-couldn't breath will wearing one-we are all so different for sure-hugs.
      so sorry you don't have heat yet-good luck sorting through things hugs

      Delete
  14. Sounds like so much fun entertaining company and eating yummy foods. That ice storm sounds like it will be nasty. The Eldest is in the path of that, too. Stay safe and warm during the storm. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we did have good eats and good company too-we have been friends for over 30 years so always great when they visit us.
      this storm does look like it could get bad thanks and safety for your eldest too-hugs

      Delete
  15. Steak, please!!
    Oh. I haven´t seen any Peanut (Squirrel) since days..
    Beautiful lake-pic!
    Youu card sadly has not arrived (yet - there is hope - do I know when it´s YOUR birthday? I don´t think so. We could try vv... hahaha, "Corinna"...).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful images that make us know very beautiful places. For me, the squirrels were only in children's stories and it would give me pleasure to see them live.
    Greetings from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you the squirrels are very fun to watch but they get into lots of mischief which is fun to watch too hugs from the lake

      Delete
  17. Great that you have a friend that likes cooking too. Perfect! It sounds like you all had a really good time together.
    Visit to a winery sounds good too.
    Now put your feet up (and perhaps our yourself a nice glass of wine....)
    Great picture of the eagle.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisca yes we really did have a wonderful weekend together.
      I will definately be relaxing tonight for sure-just posted the food wednesdays post too hugs

      Delete
  18. I never see people anymore either. We are expecting snow tomorrow too but it is a little warm so it will likely be rain. I hope it washes away some of the awful dirty icy snow downtown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are making this sound like allot of ice coming down first-but we have been in the 50s and 60s for a few days in a row now-so thinking the surfaces should still be warm-although tomorrow night we go down to 6 degrees so hoping it is snow coming down instead of ice. that would be nice if the old snow gets washed away-

      Delete
  19. Looks like a great time and wonderful food. Beautiful sunrise. Happy t day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am happy that you got to spend such quality time with your friend. These times, and days, I have only done so over zoom! It was nice to have our daughter and family here at Christmas, at least. Beautiful lake photos. Yes, put your feet up and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't see anyone either, I only talk to someone when I go grocery shopping-kinda sad but it comes with a being a senior now too.
      Yep next couple days hope to be lazy-smiles

      Delete
  21. Wow an enjoyment weekend with your friends, and you both had same interest and had tasty food. Very inspiring. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-yes it was a very enjoyable weekend for sure-and they left for home just a day before the big change in weather here

      Delete
  22. Such a lovely post, Kathy. Sounds like a wonderful week with outings, fun friends, and good food. You are so lucky to live is such a beautiful place with such gorgeous views from your windows and deck. Amazing. Stay warm and craft on!!! Happy T-day a bit late and many hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning, thank you so much-it was an uplifting weekend for us.
      I am thankful every day for our beautiful views-a great home for our last home for sure. I will be crafting on today for sure brrrr the temps are dropping and the wind is howling out there

      Delete
  23. Sounds like a great weekend with friends. Food, drink, laughter it's what we have all been missing. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was an great weekend for sure-we are in a winter storm at the moment very windy and cold a little snow so far

      Delete
  24. What a great weekend Kathy ! It´s so good to have friends with us. Your meal looks so yummy ! I love brocoli. Happy belated T-day ! Love to see your tea cup. I hope the next storm will be less hard, but you have got all that you need, good.
    I wish you a quiet Thursday, take care, and big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Caty-the storm is pretty brutal outdoors strong winds and drifting snow and cold brrrr I will be staying indoors for the most part hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit