Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New Year- My Etsy Shop -Photos

 Brrrr winter has arrived here at the lake.

     The day before New Year's Eve we had a gorgeous warm spring like day-high in the 60's F  There were several fisherman out and about on the lake. I could feel the weather change in the air on New Year's Day. At dark we had thin ice everywhere, and the temperature was dropping.

   We did wake up this morning to 8 degrees F and the lake is very misty do to the temperature differences in the lake and the air-ahh no boaters out there today haha. Sorry I forgot to take photos this morning-you could feel the cold looking out over the misty lake.

  The room off the kitchen that is my computer, weaving, hand quilting room and much more does not have any ducts to it for heat or a/c It really is not an issue usually but it is quite chilly in here today-not sure I can hand quilt with it this cool in here, as I am cold typing this up.

  I do not make New Year's resolutions but I have come to the  conclusion-which I am finally ready for-to downsize my art and crafts space. I have never downsized since I started collecting supplies in the '60's and then I inherited sewing supplies from one of my Grandmothers, my late sister, and recently my Mother's when she passed a few years ago. I have always boxed up all my craft items and moved them with me over the years.

  You all know I have many different fiber interests as well-dyeing, paper making, quilting, weaving, and more. I did allot of gathering of supplies from garage sales and thrift stores too. I bounce around from different crafts so I just don't want to part with things-but in December sometime I decided I was ready. 

  I just re opened my Etsy shop which I have had for many years now and have sold many of my fiber pieces-hand dyes especially and even a couple fiber art pieces, and allot of supplies over the years along with selling my handmade soaps. I put the link in my upper right sidebar. I just have one book there now which is totally like brand new and was never used. My Mom did gorgeous appliques like the ones in this book-so I thought I would give it a go.-There is just not enough days in my lifetime to do everything I would like to create.

Some photos from the last few days-and a surprise for the New Year-I have a 5th bloom on the amaryllis  Amazing






Paintings are from Barbara and Debra-who made the fairy doll, and the eagle metal cut out was a gift last year from our Wisconsin friends. They said to nail it to a tree but decided I like it here better

  



     If you are in wintry weather as well-stay warm. I may just bundle up on the couch and read today. Now would be a good day to start up the woodstove-if we had it fixed and working.

  

28 comments:

  1. Love the little American flag in the photo! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck with your Etsy shop, Kathy. I love where you have positioned your gifted paintings.

    The bottom fell out during the evening last night weather wise. I got caught in an ice storm and didn't even bring a coat. I still can't get warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No, so sorry Elizabeth, I was wondering if you were getting this ice storm too-it's very cold here still today. hoping you have an electric blanket or some thick quilts-hugs

      Delete
  3. Your photos are great-I love the one with the heron. The flag too. I like to do a lot of different crafts too. It can be hard to settle on one or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-I have always bounced around allot-wanting to learn and try out new things. I am not a great hand spinner so I really want to downsize allot of the fleece that I have-it those take up allot of room too

      Delete
  4. I just got back from my walk and wouldn't you know it, the sun is shining now. I love your pictures although it does look cold there. I agree that the wall, along with your other wonderful art pieces, is the perfect place for the eagle metal cutout. Downsizing your collections will be hard, but now is the perfect time to do it. Take care and keep warm. Tonight is forecasted to be even colder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr I think we are feeling the cold more because we have been in the 60's most of December-so was a brutal wake up call for sure.
      I really enjoy the metal eagle cutout with these paintings too.
      Our sun is out now too but it has not warmed up much at all

      Delete
  5. It is very hot around here because we are in summer. The beaches are full and it seems that they are not afraid of Covid, which is increasing around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cold weather is coming our way. We had temperatures in the 40's today, and tomorrow they say around 20. I guess it is winter, but your temperatures change is huge. Stay warm Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This part of Missouri is know for the drastic temp drops sometimes a 40 degree drop in a few hours.
      you stay warm as well

      Delete
  7. The weather this year over here is really mild. No sight of snow yet...your amaryllis is doing really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we had a very warm December here, and sometimes February can be allot of winter. I was so surprised to see a 5th bloom

      Delete
  8. Downsizing is a good idea! Quite warm here still, but your lake-pics look great, as always I enjoy them very much!
    To a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Iris, I don't like to downsize but I will a little bit haha

      Delete
  9. Beautiful amaryllis, very inspiring that you have Etsy for your handmade soaps and others. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can a fan in the doorway take the chill off your craft room? Cold typing=fingerless gloves.
    Sorting art supplies and such, I've learned, means the fabric I donate. is the fabric I miss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great day, Kathy, take care. Lovely photos! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. After enjoying spring like weather this last week it has turned really moody this morning and there is an icy chill in the air. Weather just seems to be so "topsy-turvey"nowadays. The seasons are so unstable! I did like your first photograph showing the silhouette of a heron sitting on the roof. The others look decidedly chilly! Cuddle up and keep warm Kathy and all the best for the New Year :-). Amanda x. PS: going to pop over to your Etsy shop now :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Amanda- that one of the heron is my favorite photo too. and we have not seen the herons in awhile.
      You stay warm and well too-hugs I will be adding more items-right now starting on the books after I research them to sell

      Delete
  13. Same weather here in the NE, Kathy. It was very mild and now it’s very cold with snow on the ground. Climate change at work, I guess. It’s concerning for the generations we will leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's winter and Missouri is always a bit crazy we have seen it drop 40 degrees really fast. but there are allot of hills and valleys here which I think will effect the weather just like living in the mountains will do the same

      Delete
  14. Your pizza really looks good. I like Bob's Red Mill flour although I haven't tried that particular one. I like the tea company as well. I zoomed over to your etsy shop, that was news to me. I am always interested in old papers so I will be checking back to see if at some point some bundles of paper appear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I tried this pizza dough mix-I actually found it buried in my deep freezer when I cleaned that out a few weeks ago. I would use it again.
      I don't have old papers but will be posting allot of older books etc

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit