Thursday, December 30, 2021

My Year in Review-Heavy with Photos Happy New Year

  I do this some years, go back and look through my posts for the year and pick out a few to share-well actually turns out to be allot of photos-smiles

This year I did more journal pages with Art Journal Journey's monthly themes. This form of creativity is out of my fiber art comfort zone but I have enjoyed the process. For me it was a nice way to create a small piece spontaneously and not overthink it.

  This past year many of us loss a dear blogging friend Eileen-I will always remember her when I see "diamonds on the lake"  and from a Christmas card we learned of the passing of a dear friend from years past before retirement.

January-this was one of my favorites


and back in January I was struggling with how to hand quilt-I ended up putting it away til now. I had made a wool quilt, this large one and two gift quilts-so I think I was quilted out at the time and needed to put it away.



February

The Lake in the Ozarks froze over this month-unusual to completely freeze over to the shore line. This was pretty solid but not solid enough to go ice fishing




all froze in



March

   weaving



April

 I bought me a weaving bench-a real splurge for myself






and I started Cast Iron Saturdays



May

  Brings warmer weather, more critters and boaters


towel weaving



Sewers came to our area of the lake




June

completing the towels







I went wine tasting with our long time Wisconsin friends



July

 Rock project began




new weaving project begins



horrible case of poison ivy and poison oak



August

speed boats at the lake



Honoring our lost warriors




chocolate popcorn



Belgium waffles-homemade


reflections






September

I searched out mullein for use as a tea for congestion 








October

collected our black walnuts



made black walnut salve and I also made black walnut ink


started reading about the Yellowstone wovles




harvest moon


November

  sweet potato pie with pecan crust and made with fresh sweet potatos


The big Yellowstone quilt back on the frame


homemade tamales



December


Amazing we now have a 5th bloom budding







 



Happy New Year 2022 

May the new year bring us peace, good health, good friendships, and happiness

25 comments:

  1. Bless ou and your hubby this New Year. I enjoyed looking at your year in pictures. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debra, You and yours take care as well-hugs

      Delete
  2. You and Larry have been blessed many times over with an interesting and wonderful life at the lake. Keep taking good care of you both, stay safe and healthy, and we all will look forward to your 2022 recap in a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS…does Mullein tea work and also taste good? Also, is that adorable doll one of Debra’s or perhaps yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did help me, doesn't taste all that bad for medicinal tea but some mornings I added a green tea bag to it

      Delete
  4. This is a great recap Kathy. I agree with Barbara, you and Larry really are blessed. It was a good year from the looks of it. I hope your 2022 is as good a year. Enjoy and stay safe. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely had a very productive and delicious 2021, Kathy. I look forward to your creations in 2022! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. It is made even better by the fact that I have been here with you for the entire year. You have worked and played hard and have a year's worth of memories and treasures to share. Happy New Year, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! Have a happy and healthy new year, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crud. I've had problems with Blogger all day and now I got another error. I had a comment and when I tried to post it, blogger wouldn't let me.

    I really loved reading your review, Kathy. It brought back memories and I remember every post. You have given us a great recap of your year and your life at the lake this past year, dear. I enjoyed every photo you shared.

    Have a safe, healthy, joyous new year and a great 2022. Let's hope it is better than the last two. I look forward to seeing what you give us next year, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth-that is so frustrating when Blogger acts up like that-it does it to me sometimes too.
      I am happy enjoyed the photos-Happy New Year to you and the kitties-hugs

      Delete
  9. Thank you, this was a very nice review!!! Good and bad and good in the end.
    So... can only get better now, huh? 2022 - let´s have a Happy, Yummy, Healthy New One!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Iris, I am happy (you enjoyed all the photos.
      I agree I have good feelings about 2022 (especially for our country)

      Delete
  10. A truly super look back at your year! By the time we got to August I was wondering where the eagles were, then there they are and in other places too! I love seeing your weaving , baking, wildlife and the lake too!
    As for removing your comment - no way! We have a selection of masks to wear and have been lucky to have a choice here. If they cut down on even half of the particles spreading then it's still a way to protect others. We have had all three injections for exactly the reason you mention - so that we don't get so ill with Covid. As you know we both go out - not in fear, but certainly with caution. There is constant talk on TV about the fear of our health service being overloaded - but mainly because omicron is so contagious and health workers are having to take time off. No offence taken at all dear Kathy. A very happy New Year to you both, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris-I know every country is different too-and for some reason after the usa made all those hospital masks-that work-to make sure all the healthcare workers had access to them, they did not give the public access to them. makes no sense to me haha we had a long video chat with my husband's heart doctor and he said these covid shots will Not prevent you from getting covid but if do get it should be less severe. so that's what we based our own thoughts on too
      Happy New Year hugs Chris

      Delete
    2. We watch a TV magazine style programme with Q and As with real doctors and we also get regular updates on health issues. Maybe not always the questions we would like to ask but informative for sure - as you say - at least it helps us make our own minds up.xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you I enjoyed making the salve which I have been using for dry skin and the ink I love too Happy New Year

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit