Saturday, December 4, 2021

We Have Photos This Morning

    Last evening when I wanted to bring photos over for my cast iron post and also for my rock project post only thing I got was a big minus sign instead of a photo. This is the first time this has happened to me, but asking some of you commented this was a Google issue.

   This morning they loaded-yeah  Here is the link that goes with these photos

I was down to mostly this size of rocks and couldn't place any more in the rocked areas til I got more large rocks up there. So I placed allot of rocks around the base of  the lilac bush down at the end of this wall and walkway. Then I placed allot in this curved area up front and down the side. The way the water flows down this hill, until we are able to get drainage pipes in thinking this will help a bit-at least hold in the soil better  

   I still had a big pile of odds that were part of the brick and concrete columns that were in the house-so after we ate our main meal I went back out and moved those over to the left of steps and added them to those piles of rocks, to deal with later.

    Now this area is ready to amend the soil for spring. Larry wants to add a drainage pipe to this area so need to find out where that is going before I plant next spring I am thinking  I am happy dancin' that is area is now clear of rocks.


  This is a view standing on the steps looking over the rail with a gate that opens up to this area  That blue bucket has served me well, with carrying the small rocks. The bottom is now all split, so no longer holds water, but really helped me out with the rocks.


To the right is the area I have been working on these past months, it still needs more large rocks to be place on top of those smaller rocks. To the left that rocked area went allot faster for me, as the rock piles were right there in front. I still need to find someone that will lift up those three large concrete blocks so I can roll them down the hill and stack them down there.
   The large copper pot that Larry's uncle drilled holes into, I emptied out to use all the soil that was in it and I am hoping it will sit on top of this old tree stump.


This is a photo below to see both sections I was working on, in front we salvaged some of the brick when we took out those two short columns leading from the kitchen to the main living area-that really opened up things  To the right of those bricks are tomato cages with my bee balm plants that survived and also an echinacea plant. 
   To the left of those bricks is that large tree stump-I am going to start digging around that tomorrow to get roots exposed and hopefully someone can chainsaw it lose-that's where my cast iron cooking area will go-and I want to build that next year.



Below photo is to the left of the steps where there are two large rock and gravel piles, and just behind the pallet of bricks for my cooking area 

 


More drainage needs to be done where that pipe is-I got rid of all the weeds in front and to the right of that pipe and placed rocks in that area too So I have moved allot of rocks this summer-smiles  and you can see my palate of bricks for my cooking area and I also brought those bricks to the left from my cooking area I put together at the woods house. Those larger ones are really nice for the large cast iron Dutch ovens with legs.


The second pile of rocks and gravel below. All of these rock and concrete piles came from the very thick concrete sidewalk that just made the water flow coming from the top worse-so Larry had a crew get all that up and they laid down the brick path. that was the first few months after we bought our lake house-and then soon after Larry needed a heart valve transplant. So it's been slow going for him since then


Happy weekend everyone

16 comments:

  1. How much have you worked! Good idea to avoid washing the floor.
    Regards Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do have a new bucket for washing floors in the house now. Happy Saturday

      Delete
  2. It will be a great area when it’s done. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It should be really pretty with all the herbs and flowers

      Delete
  3. Sorry this is a generic message, but it's all I could pull together. Late Thursday as I headed to the basement, I caught my sleeve on the railing and lost my balance. I fell down 13 of the 14 steps to the basement floor. I laid there for what seemed like hours, but in reality was probably little more than 20-30 minutes. When I was able to get up, I realized I had hurt my back enough that all I could do was lie on it. I have trouble sitting or standing. I hope you understand.

    If I normally visit you every day, I hope/plan to feel better by Monday. Thanks for your support and understanding. PLEASE, NO SYMPATHY. It was my own stupidity.

    You are getting there, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soooo sorry Elizabeth-what a shock to your whole body-sending healing prayers-hugs

      Delete
  4. Oh my Kathy what a huge project and look at how much you have accomplished. Hope hubby is doing alright. My dad had to have a heart valve replacement many years ago. He did fine and lived up into his 80's. Well get some rest and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you can now upload photos they do give another perspective to all what you have been doing in your garden. I am sure all this hard work will be worth it and you will be able to reap the benefit of that work in the new year. I do look forward to seeing your herb garden and all the flowers you plan to plant from seed. Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am happy it was a google issue and not my computer as I would have had no idea how to fix it.
      Yes I am happy getting this side cleared I need to look up information on the seeds I bought and plan when to start them

      Delete
  6. I know you will stick with the rock work until it’s done. If you are not overdoing it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poor blue bucket! It has definitely seen better days! What a tremendous amount of work you have done. How nice a winter break will be before work continues in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this old blue bucket was always my favorite for the floors etc in the house. I grabbed it for rocks and the bottom split right away but it still holds a full bucket of rocks haha

      Delete
  8. Its blend well with nature, well done, love it. Happy wishes always.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit