Friday, December 10, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-The Holidays Desserts & Breakfast

   Hi Everyone, Since uploading photos is still working for me, I will continue with Cast Iron Saturdays. I enjoy exploring new recipe ideas.

I know that Hanukkah ended on December 6-but I will usually make a few dishes for my husband during the month.  

    Vanilla and Cinnamon Kissed Latkes  These would be nice for a Holiday breakfast



Skillet Chocolate Dumplings-made in cast iron skillet on stove top



Rustic Honey Cake



Date Pudding Cobbler



Raspberry Amaretto Cheesecake Skillet Blondie



Lemon Pull Apart Rolls-Perfect for a Holiday Breakfast


Chocolate Cherry pudding cake-gluten free This recipe does have buckwheat flour in it which is a gluten free grain but doesn't work for me-I would change up that flour


Hope this gives you some different ideas for December holidays

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have farm girl roots so most everything I make is from scratch Happy weekend

      Delete
  2. Honey rustic cake looks so delicious, all of them look so tempting, thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I thought the honey cake looked really good too-
      enjoy your weekend-hugs

      Delete
  3. That cheesecake sounds like it's to die for. And some of your other recipes sound good, too. I'm going to copy the Latke recipe. Always wanted to make them. Now I'll have a recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may need to bake up this cheesecake (smiles) this latkes is different with the apples but it sounds good I may make these too

      Delete
  4. I like all sweets. The ones you have presented to us look delicious and they surely will be

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious. With these short cold days a yummy treat always seems so tempting, never mind a holiday too. Have a great weekend Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks great and I think I gained 15 pounds just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will agree that Larry is a lucky man! You have posted nothing here that Dan and I wouldn't love. I am especially interested in the Latkes,but would prefer to use potatoes. Could I substitute potato flakes for the four?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, re looking at this recipe I don't think it would be a good idea to use potato flakes for the flour- the apples in this recipe is replacing the grated potatoes so it needs the flour to hold it together just my opinion though

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit