Monday, January 17, 2022

T Stands For: Can One Have Too Many Tea Choices??

 Hello Friends,

  It's time for T with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth. Link in my sidebar where we share a drink related photo in our post and link up-you are most welcome to join in.

  Last week I got allot accomplished in my computer/weaving and more room. There was a big stack of boxes we hadn't gone through yet since the move here, and in front of my vintage dressers were handwoven rugs (My Mom had a weaver down the road from her in the country that wove rugs for her) on top of that a few more pieces of leathers to clean up, and on top of that deer hides.  Our archery equipment is along this back wall too-we weren't ready to part with it yet, and no other place to put it. We did go through these boxes, and found more small art pieces I had acquired, vintage men's shaving pieces, and two boxes full of plates for the walls. Larry put up two very old rustic shelves and we have re arranged everything. Now I can actually get into these old dressers, walk around my loom, walk up to the shelving and access that area-so much more useable. Floor space for friends to sleep on a blown up queen bed, and I can bring the large quilt frame back in this room too, 

   I will share all that another day-we did have enough hangers to put on all the plates Today (Monday) I hung up all of the plates, and the smaller art work too. The Native American plates we picked up over the years, and my Mom was a huge collector of plates and decided I needed gnome plates (smiles) So this will be the first time they will get hung up-I will enjoy seeing these too. The gnomes make me smile.

  On top of one of these dressers, I had it filled with jars, bags and tins of teas. Some of these teas I bought before we retired (2003) and moved to Missouri. I decided I wanted and needed all the teas in one area of the kitchen so I can easily get to them and use them more. I don't have any cabinet space left to put these in, so I put the large crock pot with pottery insert into a closet-something I don't use often but sometimes it comes in handy; which gave me a huge spot in the corner near the stove for all of these teas. I left the toaster there in front-something we don't use much either, but like it to be accessible.

 I am sure to most of you this space looks totally cluttered but I like it much better. I can see the Gevalia pottery cannisters and the glass tall jars with lids. Everything is labeled now and I am loving it. There are also a few glass jars with my own dried fruits-apples with cinnamon and peaches. I always dried my fruits and veggies hard-and they last for years and years.

  I tried a couple of the Japanese and Chinese green teas that I had bought ages ago and they taste good still-they have been sealed in crocks or tins all this time

  So do you think I have way too many tea choices?? 😉  (in front under the blue towel is the large toaster and I usually keep the hot mitts on top). The stove is just to the left of this corner area. 



       It has been a cold week so I have been really enjoying my cups of teas. I have enjoyed using this one person tea pot (from Mom's estate) which is just perfect for loose teas.

    Tea below is a jasmine tea with marigold petals, rose petals, blue coneflower petals  and jasmine blossoms from Simpson and Vail  I am really love this tea blend, I think the jasmine leaves may has a little caffeine but hasn't bothered me so far.




  I don't use this hand thrown porcelain cup very often but it was perfect to enjoy this pretty tea. This cup is heavy on the bottom This is another pottery piece from the '80s. He would do allot of experiments and this was one of them.


  We have been enjoying watching the different birds come to the bird feeders and to the little table. It was just a matter of time when the squirrels would appear and cause allot of trouble. Here at the lake we have these little grey squirrels. I didn't mind them eating at the table or on the deck but today (Sunday) they went after the feeders-I needed to bring them in today so things wouldn't get broken. Sigh Then this squirrel decided to attack my windchime-haha


Monday morning I decided to scatter some seed on the railing



  On another note I am planning on creating another weekly food post-(along with  my Cast Iron Saturdays) and I am leaning towards Food Fridays.  If I can figure out a link up I may do that also. 

   At first I was thinking of just sharing gluten free recipes, but I would rather not be so limiting. I am thinking a food recipe share of your choice, or a photo of food at your home or at a restaurant. So this blog event would be all about foods. Any thoughts? Would you like to participate, or only be interested in reading my food post or not?   Thanks for any feedback. I had thought of Food Wednesdays since many of you join in for Friday Smiles, and one reader suggested if she found a recipe she would like to make on Wednesday she would have time to shop for ingredients over the weekend  Thoughts??

   Happy T for Tuesday   Enjoy this new week.

36 comments:

  1. You must be excited to go through those boxes and drawers and get some things organized. I can't image having to pack up and move all the things we have. IT would take me a long time too. And fun you've found your rugs and plates. I have a bunch of teas also, and I figure, as long as I am drinking it, I'll keep it. I hope you have a happy T day Kathy and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Larry got me going on this, he is finally feeling better too, it's been a couple years now since his heart valve transplant but he just has not recovered well from that. Glad he is feeling better now.
      It was really nice to get the art pieces up and these plates too. this room is much more organized and looks nice too. Happy T

      Delete
  2. So it was you with the cocao shell tea - glad you posted this so I could see it on your shelf. I did buy some and love it. Fun mug! Glad you got some of your projects done, and the birds and lake look fabulous.

    I always love your recipes, but right now I am all about low cal so probably wouldn't be much help to you on your new venture. I am mostly eating tons of simple veggies. When I get to goal, I am in though!

    Happy T-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was me with the cocao shell tea-I really love this tea too, and love the history that Martha Washington loved this tea.
      does feel good to get things in place-finally.
      we eat very few carbs any more. when I bake I use keto sweeteners or Splenda and the cut carbs of the flours with some almond flour mixed in.

      Delete
  3. I know you are going to enjoy your newly organized computer room. I am looking forward to seeing your plate collection and other collectibles. It's good to have a handy hubby for helping with these projects. I probably won't be of much help to you in sharing cooking stories, but I will be an eager reader. I have to wonder if the Yellowstone wolves are howling tonight at the "Wolf Moon." Wouldn't that be something to hear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so awesome to hear the Yellowstone wolves howling at their moon tonight. I still miss hear our Nikita's howls
      Yes it was really good going through all of these boxes and getting things back up on walls to enjoy them. I hung long curtains too across the glass sliding doors to this room into the kitchen. I am thinking this use to be a porch of some sort at one time since there are no heat or cooling ducts to this room

      Delete
  4. You have got lots of things done! That's amazing. I need to clean up my pantry and get it organized too.
    My husband only drinks fruity tea. I used to just drink plain pure oolong tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a decaf oolong tea that is really old but still tastes good. I am so happy we got allot accomplished so far the teas really needed to get done-now they are all in one spot easy to use

      Delete
  5. Uh-oh. Ingo sure is not allowed in your house!!!
    He loves vintage shaving stuff.

    I have a "shoe-rack" from IKEA full with teas, so. Nope, never enough tea :-)

    Awwww... Peanut´s cousin at the lake!

    I have a lot of food pics from the time I had no work. But Jamie Oliver and Jan taught me so well... there are no recipes. Throw in and that´s it.
    BUT! I got a new cook-book and might try some things - difficult because Ingo is sick and cannot have everything (plus... he doesn´t like new things, gahhhh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no so sorry Ingo is sick yep Peanuts cousin for sure and mischief maker haha. Happy T

      Delete
  6. Beautiful scenery with birds visiting. Love tea, give calming and relaxing feelings. Beautiful pottery you have there. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you, I agree I really tea. This was a unique pottery cup-enjoy your day-hugs

      Delete
  7. I also have some very old teas, but they still taste and smell wonderful, too. You can't have too many teas in my opinion, even though I'm a coffee drinker 24/7.

    So glad to read you were able to get your plates on the shelves. I am sure your room feels much larger and you will be much happier because it is now feeling like a real home.

    That is one really unique mug, The man who made it must have loved experimenting. It is really lovely in a different and unique way. Thanks for sharing your teas and your mug with us for T this Tuesday, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have lost touch with this potterer over the years but we were always stopping in to see what he what he was up to. I have many of his pieces both dinner ware and art pieces. I was also into raku for many years as well.
      It is feeling much more like home here now. I am thinking too we can't have too much tea hugs

      Delete
  8. Glad to see you are feeling more comfy with some reorganization around you. We all need to do that at times no matter how much stuff we have. Im a bit claustrophobic as my treasures reach a certain point and I start getting rid of some of it, but you know how to enjoy your things. That’s wonderful! To answer your question, you know I’m not really interested in much food and cooking sharing, I wish I was, but it’s just not my thing. No surprise there, but I’ll take a peek if you devote another blog day per week to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we left soooo much at the woods home as this is such a smaller home hopefully we can get an auction going this year.
      many of us don't like being the kitchen, I think I love it because of my Grandma mostly

      Delete
  9. Going through the boxes must be like a treasure hunt. Nice to organize things just the way you like and can use. The jasmine tea looks so pretty. At first I thought it was potpourri. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was-especially one of the last boxes filled with art from blog friends-this is really a beautiful tea and tastes good too happy T

      Delete
  10. You've got much accomplished so it must feel good! And of course happy to see things out and displayed again. I'm always interested in food and recipes but have been leaning more and more toward vegan/vegetarian and more protein/less carbs. Lots of fresh veggies:) If you do create another blog of course I'll visit. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great Linda, would love to see there-I have decided on Wednesdays for the food posts

      Delete
  11. So much tea! You're spoiled for choice :)

    The squirrels are pests around here, and keeping them off feeders is an art. Daddy called them "tree rats" and I'm inclined to agree with him.

    I'd love to read food posts. I need all the ideas I can get :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I am spoiled for tea choices-which is nice.
      these little grey ones are really a pain for sure-they don't share well either.
      I have decided on wednesdays for the new food posts would love to have you join in

      Delete
  12. No, you cannot have too many teas. I keep several kinds all the time. I like options! Lovely jars, and I don't think it is cluttered looking. My husband is different though. I think he is a minimalist who is married to a maximalist. Is there such a thing. My spellcheck doesn't like the word at all. Great post. Glad you got some things organized. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is the same we had collected so many things over the years that he did not want clutter here-he doesn't work at all in the kitchen so he won't notice haha.
      it feels good to get things out of boxes for sure

      Delete
  13. Yes getting organized is always a chore but one you get going, it feels great. Ohh I would certainly join in on the food link up blog. Please keep me posted so I can join in. I think Wednesday or Friday are good days. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be awesome! I love sharing food ideas and recipes too and reading others posts too. I am going with Wednesday

      Delete
  14. It's wonderful that you are slowly getting organized and making this house your home. Of course it needs gnomes!
    And re the teas, I think I can beat you when it comes to many different teas. I have dedicated an entire cupboard in the kitchen to all my different teas and infusions. I must take a picture of them all. I even had a 'cull' last month and still I have so many.
    Yes, a post about food is right up my street. I would participate. I love cooking as you might have gathered.
    Grey squirrels are a pest. Do you have red squirrels too or are they typical British?
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice to have a cupboard for teas, so at least I am not the only one with a collection of tea choices-smiles.
      Yes Missouri does have red squirrels too-we mostly had those at the woods home. these little greys squirrels along with the chipmunks cause so much mischief. Happy T hugs

      Delete
  15. Sounds like you have been very busy organizing. I have all my teas together in a cabinet and I love that they are all together. Yours look great in the nice tins and jars. If you are happy with the placement, that is what is important. It's no fun to rummage through an out of the way space if you use those items often.
    I don't think I am going to be much help in regards to your food post. I have enjoyed seeing your food and recipes that you have shared on Tea day but I don't really read blogs unless I am searching for something specific. I have such a limited amount of time that I had to cut blog surfing/commenting from my schedule. Now I only blog and comment for Tea day.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, I can totally understand It takes allot of time to sit and read blogs-but since we have no interaction with people much any more-it's a way for me to be social and keep my mind active--you have a young family you are raising too-so you are busy busy-hugs

      Delete
  16. It's great that you already put on it plac many of the things you used to keep in boxes, Kathy. You feel relieved when you do a little cleaning and better organize the house. Ialso have been organizing a room little by little, where I want to put all my things, scrap, paintings, and others. Yes, it will take me time to finish it and put it to my liking.
    Happy belated T-day! I also really like tea, and I have different varieties. Those cups are very pretty.
    I like the photos of the birds eating on the railing, and of the squirrel too.
    I wish you a very happy Friday, take care of yourselves, big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Caty, yes it was good to get things out of boxes so we can enjoy these pieces. It does take time to reorganize since it's really cold here this week good time to work on this.
      Happy T and happy weekend hugs

      Delete
  17. Well one on getting things on display - it took us ages to put up our pictures! Lots more organising to do here - I am not happy with how my craft stash is stored! The tea looks pretty, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, my craft room is a disaster that room will be next for sure-hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit