Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Let's Face It-for Art Journal Journey

   Happy Afternoon Everyone,

     I had finished up our 2 pm dinner and had some ideas for a wintry page for this month's theme-Let's Face it hosted by Erika

   I'm having winter on my mind as another very frigid cold blast is coming through tonight and will be sticking around for awhile.

  So I grabbed my spiral cookbook-turned Art Journal as this one has larger pages and I decided to do a double spread as well. This cookbook was gifted to me from friend Barbara a couple years ago, as she thought it would be perfect for these journal pages-and it is.

   I grabbed a big folder of saved magazine photos and worked up a collage. I also grabbed my letter stamps and blue ink pad to stamp the theme on the page. The left hand page I glued down crumpled up light blue tissue paper for the background. This left a little of the glossy photos below show through which added some textures on the page.

  Hoping you like it as it feels like a cold winter day to me and Let's Face It-It is winter  right now for many of us and we just have to face it's challenges.

  We were also to include some sort of faces to our pages. To the left are faces of the little girl and the snowman, and to the right are faces of wild horses (these are wild horses roaming in Missouri) . I needed to really tear this photo down but you can still see some snowflakes coming down on the brown horse.   Also tiny little faces in the group that is hiking in the snow

Click photos to enlarge for better viewing-especially the first photo






I had a difficult time with the right side page close up from flashing








  The last few days we have had a red headed woodpecker visiting the feeder



Happy Mid-Week

23 comments:

  1. That brutal cold is coming in next week at my house. But it was chilly the last couple of days so I can appreciate your inspiration. That photo of the girl and snowman is adorable, and I like the horses and ice too. The crinkled paper makes a great wintery background too. Thanks so much for joining in at AJJ this month with all those super faces Kathy. It is much appreciated. Hope it warms up for you soon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Let's Face It." I like the theme and think you nailed the feeling very well.
    While you are in the single digits we will be in the teens. Guess we will just have to "Face It." Take care and be thankful for that little dial on the wall! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely journal spread and great photos. Thanks for linking to AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are winter perfect chilly vibes. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same temps coming here! One day will be a record low for the date at a high temp of only 23. I like your pages, Kathy, and as someone said they reflect the feel of cold weather. Your end of the lake may freeze over thick enough for ice fisherman in their little wooden shacks to enjoy their activity if this cold continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our lake when it freezes does no usually freeze over thick enough for ice fishing safety. Last year we were froze in for a could weeks though

      Delete
  6. Fantastic pages Kathy and a wonderful selection of images you used on them. i also loved the one with the snowman. Thanks for linking with Erika's AJJ theme.
    All the photos you shared were lovely as well.
    Hope the New Year will be a good one for you.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful pages and adorable photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pages Kathy - I love those horses - I hope they don't get too cold! It is trying to snow here but is coming down mainly as sleet with no large flakes in sight! Love the pic of the woodpecker, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris-these are wild horses that live in Missouri so they will be ok-hugs

      Delete
  9. I love your pages too. You are so lucky to have a red head visit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra, we even have the large pilated woodpecker too-haven't seen him for awhile though

      Delete
  10. What a charming spread for Erika's theme. I've already faced it. It's brutally cold out there,but forecast to warm next week. Thanks for this great entry using Erika's theme at AJJ, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute page,perfect for the theme! Luckyily it is not super cold where I am in the sothern UK. I do not miss the chaos of snow and ice in DC, if I'm honest. :D
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you when was one is working snow and ice can be a real issue for sure-we used live on the wisconsin-illinois border where the winters could be rough

      Delete
  12. Don't you love those gorgeous woodpeckers!! They always are a welcome sight at our feeders. Your art pages Kathy are so lovely...especially the girl with the snowman. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we love watching all of the birds. Missouri has allot of different woodpeckers too

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit