Friday, January 28, 2022

Cast Iron Saturdays-No Knead Breads

 Hi Everyone and welcome to my Cast Iron Saturdays post.

   This post I am typing up early and will schedule it's posting. Our long time friends from Wisconsin have decided to drive down to visit us over a long weekend for them. They have been able to cut their work days down to 3 days a week, getting ready for full retirement. They will be her Friday afternoon.

  They decided to come down this weekend as they have been watching our weather for a warm up-and it's happening this weekend-we don't watch local news or weather any more so unless I think about it to check online the weather is a surprise for us. I am thinking our forefathers didn't live by a weather forecast back in the 1700-early 1800's  smiles   Well I needed to look this up and the very first weather forecast was shared on August 1, 1861.

  So, since my comments are set up for approval I may be approving your comments a bit late-so don't worry that your comment was not seen. Thank you ahead of time.

  I really wish we both could still eat breads on occasion. I gave up on my own gluten free bread baking and also we both eat very few carbs these days. Years ago when we first got married (we celebrate our 40th this year) I made all of our breads. I really enjoyed doing that allot- There are soooo many different kinds and different ways to bake up breads too.

  So this week I thought I would look for and share no knead breads baked in cast iron-what could be easier? and these turn out sooo delicious too. In your oven, or over and under coals in a Dutch oven with legs.

Garlic Rosemary No Knead Bread  this link has gorgeous photos too




Sunflower and Flax Seeds Whole Wheat Cast Iron Bread  This one also has lots of beautiful photos of the process


Easy No Knead Sourdough Bread  again lots of beautiful photos 



No Knead Artisan Bread



Well I did find a gluten free no knead bread here  I may just give this one a try as it looks good  If any of you should bake this one up-let me know how it turns out




If you are interested in more no knead bread recipes-I found many on Pinterest-they all looked really good too.

Happy Cast Iron Saturdays and Happy weekend 

      and if interested I started a link up food blog post titled Food Wednesdays-you are most welcome to share a food related post and join in sharing foods

16 comments:

  1. I'm made no knead sourdough bread before. It's really interesting how changing the amount and type of flour, rise time and whether you enrich it or not take a simple thing like flour, yeast and water and gives you so many varied results. Happy weekend Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bread. Enjoy the time with your friends! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look good. An easy bread will be a diet enhancer. Crackers and soup aren't as great as bread and soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave all my cast iron to my older son ages ago. Those breads look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning, they are heavy to use but I pretty much mostly use cast iron for cooking and allot of baking too

      Delete
  5. Even though I don't eat breads, my family does, so I am thinking I will choose one of these no-knead breads and give it a try. They do look so temptingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do-hugs I am just try the gluten free bread and see what happens-I have learned that when baking breads you need an instant read thermometer to know when it's baked through

      Delete
  6. They all look very good.
    Enjoy time with your friends.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea how I missed this post. I wish I made bread, but I'm not that talented. I made it once and it was a disaster. Still have no idea what I did wrong, since I followed the instructions to the letter.

    I hope you had a great time with your friends. I know what company must mean and how important it must be with this pandemic still raging across the country. Stay warm and safe, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Elizabeth it was a mood enhancer seeing our friends again

      Delete
  8. Oh I must try one of the breads in my cast iron skillet- yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda so glad you dropped by-these are great breads to make and bake

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit