Sunday, September 12, 2021

Weekend Photos-Sunrises-Birds-Sailboat

   We had glorious sunrises over the weekend, a sailboat early morning Saturday using just her sails, I would have missed it but Larry was out fishing and called me to watch out for it coming towards our house. I was out working on my garden project.     That evening another sailboat using their motor sailed by along with several huge ocean boats. Larry's sister and husband stopped by to visit on their personal watercraft-which is much quicker time wise then driving from their lake home I didn't have my camera out then.

   I have redone the threading on my weaving project-third time-so far-was the charm. I am realizing I have too many threads and another reason why these towels looked too wide to me. I have never done that before-but I warped this up in several sittings and messed up the count-I will just take those off once I get to that point.

 My camera did not pick up the bright red suns, but the reds did show up in the lake






  Sunday




 The hummingbirds have been quite active-many have already left for their long migration.



Can you spot the hummingbird? hint in the middle to the left



The eagle visited on Saturday



 The sailboat early morning Saturday






Happy new week everyone

13 comments:

  1. Stunning lake photos. Just beautiful shots over the water, but the hummingbirds are amazing. Have a super Sunday, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet little hummers will soon be passing through here. 😉 I will leave the feeders up! What wonderful views you have there on the lake! I would never want to miss a sunrise! Or a boat! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy we were able to have a couple pairs find us this spring. Last week I am thinking we had several passing through. they are such a joy to watch. we have been getting some lovely sunrises lately-and I love it when we see a sailboat-you have an awesome week too

      Delete
  3. I love hummingbirds! Those sunrise shots are gorgeous, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, we are really enjoying them over the lake we just recently moved out of the woods and to the lake for a smaller property-being our 70s now. at the woods house we couldn't see the sun or moon from the house

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos, Kathy, sun and water make for a magical composition. Great pic of the humming bird, too. Have a great, new week, stay safe and well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sun photos on the lake Kathy. Has it quieted down now that Labor Day is over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, we surprised a bit that last weekend was pretty busy too but not as much as Labor Day we were in the 90's again with full sun for perfect weekend for the lake-but it is much quieter-and seeing more water birds again too

      Delete
  6. Oh, such very beautiful pics again, thank you, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome, we have been enjoying some pretty skies again in the early mornings I sent you an email-I got your very fun slow mail thank you loved it

      Delete
  7. Wow, what beautiful photos of the lake! Those sunrises look so amazing 😀. Take care and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit