Friday, September 24, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Pumpkin

   Last week several of you in comments mentioned that you love pumpkin-anything. I love pumpkin too my husband not so much. For the holidays he loves a fresh sweet potato pie instead.

   So for this week I thought I would scan the web for pumpkin recipes using cast iron.

 Cast Iron Skillet Pumpkin Bread


I found this to be an interesting recipe-Pumpkin Cobbler-Not sure if I would like this or not, but saw several recipes for it-recipe in the video baked in dutch oven


Cast Iron Pumpkin Cranberry Cake-this looks and sounds delicious


Pumpkin Streusel Cornbread


Skillet Gooey Pumpkin Cookie-Cake


Pumpkin and Chocolate Sourdough Loaf-baked in cast iron bread pan




Pumpkin Cinnamon Twist


Pumpkin White Chocolate Dump Cake


  There are so many pumpkin recipes to choose from-if you would like more pumpkin in cast iron let me know in comments


19 comments:

  1. These all look sooooooooo good Kathy, I am hungry now and would like to try them. That pumpkin cinnamon twist is calling to me! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie-yes that cinnamon twist sounded really delicious-with coffee

      Delete
  2. I adore pumpkins and these are some nice Fall recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy these all look fabulous...especially the twists and dump cake. I adore pumpkin...will check out these recipes. Thanks for sharing your research. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have fun with your recipes, choosing the one I want to try first. I will definitely go with the Pumpkin cinnamon twist and/or dump cake this week. Dan would love either of these. Hope all is well there on the lake. We had to pull up a blanket the past couple of nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, let us know which one you baked and if you liked the recipe.
      we needed to throw on a blanket too getting some work done outdoors all the bulbs I had dug up are now planted

      Delete
  5. I made a pumpkin cake with walnuts and cinnamon frosting the other day. It was yummy. I looked at the sourdough pumpkin and chocolate bread. I think I may have to try that! Have a great weekend Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great I was thinking of you when I saw this recipe-sounds good

      Delete
  6. Oh my, I love everything pumpkin so this post is perfect to me! So many recipes I'd love to try - yum 😁. Thanks for sharing and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning thanks Jo let us know if you make one of the recipes Happy weekend-hugs

      Delete
  7. I know I'm late visiting, but I had to see what goodies you were sharing for this week's cast iron fare. I think of pumpkins and all I see are pies and log rolls. You have given us SO many great options. I would never have considered any of these before. Thanks for adding pumpkin to your recipe list, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, thank you visiting Elizabeth-nice thing about the internet-you are never too late to visit.
      It is amazing how many pumpkin recipes are out there

      Delete
  8. How wonderful!!! I MUST get some cast iron-especially those bread pans. A wonderful post, as always! (PS-thank you for the fall card!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome-hugs this is a cast iron pan I don't have. I think breads would bake up so nice in one

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit