Sunday, September 5, 2021

Happy Labor Day

 


(photo found online)

A little history of this holiday here  " Labor Day pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers and is traditionally observed on the first Monday in September. It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th century and became a federal holiday in 1894." 

and another informative site here


   This is a fun read  7 surprising Labor Day Facts here

    

  speaking of labor-would you believe I discovered I made another threading error in the beginning again??and had to take allot out again. I had threaded to the half way point and looking at the threads-something was wrong as the two sides were not even in the number of threads.  So  bummed but it has to be corrected. When I fixed the 2 thread error and continued on Instead of ending with 3 sets of the pattern I only did 2 and that made me 12 threads short.

  Hopefully 3 times will be the charm haha.

  on a fun note, I love fireworks, and the person straight across the lake from us put on over a 30 minute fireworks show tonight (Sunday).  He is a professional we have found out-no wonder his fireworks are so pretty.

 Happy Labor Day


10 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day to you, too. Glad you enjoyed the fireworks. I've always thought the idea of not wearing white after Labor Day was absurd, but I've asked is it OK to wear black after Memorial Day when somebody mentioned the white "rule."

    I hope you have plans to rest today. Take the day off from your weaving. I plan to binge on Meghan and Harry and William and Kate on Lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wondered where that white rule came from-enjoy! that sounds like a fun binge

      Delete
    2. I haven’t thought of the “wearing no white rule after Labor Day” in decades! Actually, it’s been so long that I only vaguely recall it. However, I do remember the clothing displays in stores (like Robert Hall) going from light to dark colors after Labor Day.

      Delete
  2. Have a great holiday. Fireworks over a lake are always pretty, and how fun. It's ever better to be able to see them from home! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Yes I am quite spoiled to be able to watch fireworks out my window in my pajamas lol

      Delete
  3. I am here almost too late to wish you a happy Labor Day, but I do hope you had a great day. Yes, surely that old third time’s charm will work and your weaving will proceed with no further problems. The lake may seem very quiet following all the holiday celebrations, but that will be nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Mary-yes we are looking forward to peaceful weekends at the lake now we will start seeing more water birds again soon too

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit