Thursday, September 2, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays- Labor Day Weekend

 Here in the States, this coming weekend is Labor Day weekend. The last weekend of the summer fun. 

    Back when I was a kid going to school-we did not start school til after Labor Day Weekend-now school starts mid August, which in my opinion takes away a couple weeks of summer fun.

  So for my cast iron recipe share this week, I looked for grilled recipes or cast iron. There are many ways to make burgers and brats-thought I would share a couple fajita recipes.

 This first site I found is Labor Day Grilling Recipes  several good sounding recipes

        Grilled Skirt Steak Fajitas this takes you to the recipe but it also links you to another site with more information about the recipe


 This site shared a link to Grilled Vegetables on skewers These are done right on the grill, indoors you could do in your cast iron skillet too


Another Grilled recipe that can also be done in cast iron-

     Grilled Flatbread with prosciutto, charred tomatoes, fresh mozarella  this was a nice link as it explains everything and different methods to make it



 I found another fajita recipe using shrimp and chicken-in cast iron  we love fajitas and easy to make for allot of people



Sometimes I like the fajitas over rice instead of in a tortilla  Here is a recipe for making rice in your dutch oven


To close I found this site with many mouth watering looking recipes-allot of veggie sides too  If you only open up one link I would suggest this one-everything looked so delicious

  Cantaloupe Panzanella   


  For those of you that celebrate Happy Labor Day Weekend-Enjoy!!

OK  One More it looked sooo good  S'more Ice Cream Sandwich



13 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful food to make my mouth water! Happy Labour Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. School will one day be even a longer year I predict. With all the requirements and materials to get through, as well as any testing, I wouldn't be surprised that summer vacation even shortens in the future. School is not like it used to be, that's for sure. And so many yummy foods for the weekend Kathy. Hope you have nice weather and not too uch heat. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is even sadder, upon high school graduation most have learned no life skills. when I graduated from high school back in the late '60s we knew how to handle money, invest money, buy a home, how to cook and sew (I already knew that) and how to manage an apartment on our own.

      Delete
  3. The kabobs on skewers sound wonderful and I'm always on the lookout for ways to use my mountain of basil. I've made those ice cream s'mores before using vanilla wafers and ice cream. They were yummy. Thanks for the recipe links. Happy Labor Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome, and awesome that you have had the smores with ice cream-those sound really good Happy Labor day weekend hugs

      Delete
  4. You make me drool. I have prosciutto in the fridge! (Ingo doesn´t like "new stuff" so I wait till next week). Oh. And mozzarella I have, too, no kidding, call me, I go to the fridge and show you right this instant! (FB) We even have one sad tomatoe left!
    And. Brrrr. Old vanilla ice-cream in the freezer... Plus an over-ripe banana. That is Ingo´s sweet stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM! All the photos are great. You're right, that panzenella does look super. Thanks for waking up my taste buds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some great looking recipes ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit