Monday, June 8, 2020

T Stands for Tuesday

Happy T everyone,
   Anyone is welcome to join us for T with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth, just share a drink related photo in your post.

  How has the weather been for you?

     We have had summer temps-hot and humid, with rain added-which was perfect for me getting all the iris's planted.

   I did decide to Not purchase India Flint's dyeing class. (I posted about it a couple days ago)
     I really wanted to do this and I think I would really enjoy it but right now with expenditures for two homes I can't justify the $350 plus dollars. I could afford it but feel a bit guilty spending that much money.
   I think the 9th was the last day to sign up for this.  If I would have seen it in the beginning of covid I think I would have jumped on it-as it would have given me positivity every day during those months.  What is awesome as well-those that took the class before it was archived can submit their dye pieces to her for a showing and then I am thinking would get them back-that would have been cool.
 
    I needed to dig up more sod-all the sod in this area will eventually be gone to make way for veggies, flowers, and herbs.  I decided to extend the one iris bed that is near a bush.
   I also dug up a peony bush down by the lake that was by itself and not in a group with the others. I also brought two water lilies that like to have their roots wet near water, that I dug up near one of our ponds, I found a spot on one of the shelf rocks down by the lake-need to check on those and see how they are doing.  So it was a busy several days getting all these plants in their new homes

   In the process I ended up with poison ivy-ugh. Hadn't thought about poison ivy being on the plants that I brought-as they were near poison ivy plants. I have patches of it on my hands, arms, and down by my feet-I must have stepped near some. I am really allergic to it. So far no scratching-I keep washing it with lavender soap, and then add tea tree oil, and anti itch creams. It is slowly getting better after a week now. and I spotted poison ivy and poison oak in this iris bed-will need to figure out how to safely get this out.

I am pretty sure this is poison oak as they have 5 leaves. update from comment below from Mae Travels this photo is not of poison oak-although I am going to still stay away from it.  

   got this first photo from the internet
Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac: Pictures of Rashes & Plants


  When I went food shopping at wal mart I was able to pick up a rosemary plant and a couple sweet pepper plants. I planted the rosemary near the oregano plant I brought from the woods house.



    Looking out the door facing those steps up the hill-this area is to the left-the little white shed in the front is ours
     I need to get some clippers sharpened so I can cut out the dead area in that bush. and in the back to the right I need to watch and see what will flower or what is weeds
    I put the iris's around this bush and iris bed that was already here.



I spaced them out so these will have room to fill in


This was a job digging up this peony and bringing it here but I think it will be pretty in this spot.


Over the weekend I tried a keto blueberry muffin recipe that just looked really good-and it was-very moist and delicious.  Recipe here  This is now my new go to site to try out keto-gluten free sugar free.  I usually do not care for recipes that only use almond flour but this one is really so good and these stayed fresh tasting for two days.  Her site is in my blog list now.  She used a blender for this-I just used my hand mixer-easier clean up for me.



A couple weeks ago now when we finally got into warmer weather I took a walk around my little area-right now I walk around twice to get 4000 steps will work back up to at least 6000 steps.  The wildflowers coming up in the center where the wooded area is was just lovely. I also love moss on trees.
    Here are a few photos-some of these will be painting inspiration


Does anyone know what this one is with the red berries?


I believe this is a Missouri wild rose






There is one person living up here in the middle of this woods-she must have awesome views too of the lake




I smiled to see this sassafras





We haven't seen the eagles for awhile-so when I heard him singing I had to go out and say Hello


For my beverage photo-This is the last of my drink while working on my latest entry for Art Journal Journey


And to close on a really happy note-Larry finally will be going fishing in his boat late this afternoon (Monday) around 4 pm-it will be cooler and less people on the lake during this time.
   His physical therapist and nurse is still coming for another two weeks to work and check on him-but with his motivation to walk sooner he is walking pretty good now and can walk down the hill to his boat. A friend of ours near the woods house is driving up to fish-one of his fishing pals.
     
(found snoopy online)


Oh and my ice cream maker is finally arriving today-it was back ordered for about a month-Life is Good (Smiles)

Happy T everyone-thank you much for visiting

48 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!!!!

    Thanks for the blueberry muffin recipe. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy i do not think that is poison oak. Its Virginia Creeper.... It grows here too... I have had a few people tell me they break out in a rash from it though.. All your photos are so lovely. I like seeing a sassafrass too... Are you expecting rain from Cristobal? We are this afternoon/evening.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a post below sent me a link and you are right it is not-so am going to fix update that I always thought the poison oak had 5 leaves. it has three leaves as well but a different shape
      Yes we just got 12 straight hours of rain starting at 10 pm last night it just now stopped-there will be allot of flooded rivers here for sure and bring up the lake waters as well

      Delete
  3. A post chock full of great stuff! You are a master of growing things. We have a lot, but I haven’t ID’d everything. I know we do have sassafras trees though. How nice that your eagle buddy is back. Glad to hear Larry is feeling up to all it takes to go fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having hot/humid weather, too, and getting some rain -but not that much- from Christobal. I love your herb area. I'm so sorry about your poison ivy! I've never had it, but the kids did some back in the day. Rubbing alcohol is what helped them most. You have a lovely area for walking, and you see so many pretty plants. Your husband's fishing expedition sounds like a treat. I'm sure he's thrilled to be back up-and-at-'em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are saying allot of flooding coming in from this starting tonight into tomorrow.
      I don't get it very often (poison ivy) I should have had long sleeves on when I was planting these but it was extremly hot this week for that.
      Larry just dropped the boat in-excited for him

      Delete
    2. We had rain yesterday and now this morning. We're getting the remnants of Cristobal moving through. I hope Larry's having good weather for his fishing :)

      Delete
    3. We ended up with 12 hours straight of rain it just now stopped for a bit. there will be allot of flooding here for sure Larry had a perfect evening to be out on the lake, there was no fish to be had-but they enjoyed the peacefulness and viewed the sunset over the lake

      Delete
  5. You have been doing a lot of work in your garden. Sorry to read you got poison ivy. I had it once and got so many hives, I could barely stand it. However, the garden looks good and your new rosemary looks a LOT better than mine.

    Wow, those muffins look delicious. I am not much of a baker, so I am admiring your baking abilities.

    Your walk looks fun. I can see lots of plants you could try for eco-dyeing. I don't have that kind of offering, so that impresses me. I bet you could find some fabulous results if you tried using some of these plants. Have you decided to take India's class or not? It would be fun if it only involved dyeing, but the extra stuff wouldn't interest me.

    Wow, I haven't had any ICE in a while. I love the taste of it, so it was a great choice for your drink for T this week, dear. Thanks for sharing it, your walk, and your garden work with us, as well as your husband's speedy recovery, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I really wanted to I decided not to take India's class-it was allot of money that I would feel a bit guilty spending for a treat like this.
      Yes I was seeing some possibilities too for eco printing. those sycamore leaves print well.
      I usually keep the ICE around for Larry since it has no sugar in it. I like the grapefruit one now.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for letting me know about those India Flint classes. I think if she had focused on dyeing, that might have been good, and for less cost, maybe. But you have her book, and probably already know as much as you need to about eco-dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-I though making a little book would be fun, and she was working with indigo too but that's ok I think the cost was a little high too

      Delete
  7. So many lovely garden photos this week. You have been very busy.

    Have you tried a bentonite clay/Raw ACV paste? We used it on my son's poison ivy and and it helps to draw out all the oils and dry it up. He didn't get any blistering. We applied it twice a day. I hope you get over it soon.

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not familiar with this-will check it out thanks-I do have lots of itchy blisters full of liquid it's been almost week now though

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. I deleted Kate's comment as her email was included

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a very busy week. Love the journal pages you are making. And wonderful that Larry can get out and go fishing with his pals. Happy T Day, take care of yourself, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie-Yes Larry really needed this time on the lake with his fishing budding-they got in just minutes before the rain started-Missouri will be flooding as it is still raining this morning

      Delete
  9. Wow, your garden means a lot of very rewarding work!
    Apart from the poison stuff that is, eww!

    And a big yay for Larry!! Motivation is so important (and a lack over here....)
    Happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He has always been a "fighter" when comes to stuff like his accident-hugs

      Delete
  10. It got very hot and humid here in Connecticut going into the weekend. I hated it. Your gardening efforts are looking good. I'm sorry to hear you caught poison ivy. I've been seeing it around the edges of my yard, but it also spread into areas near my flower beds, so I've been extra cautious. The wild flowers growing in your neighborhood look nice. I think I have poison oak growing on one side of my yard. Does it make one itch like poison ivy does? I'm glad to hear your husband continues to improve, and will be going out fishing. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, yes it does-go to the link in Mae Travels comment below-what I showed is not poison oak-thank goodness.
      He had wonderful evening on the lake last night

      Delete
  11. Poison ivy is really a plague! It grows here quite a bit too. Here is a photo of poison oak next to poison ivy that might help you identify poison oak: https://www.webmd.com/allergies/ss/slideshow-poison-plants

    Your photos really show what a beautiful place you live in!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sooo much for the link-that was a really good one-and my photo is not poison oak-I will correct that

      Delete
  12. Gosh, you have been busy. It's lovely to see such a busy blogpost.
    I'm glad your hubby is felling better and doing ok. I hope he has a great fishing trip with his fishing buddy.
    You have done so much work. Yuk about the poison ivy. What a bummer.I get stung too but I'm not allergic.
    Those muffins look really delicious. I was just thinking that I had a large pot of ground almonds sitting there that I really ought to use up. Here is the answer. I have printed out the recipe and I will use up the cherries in stead of blueberries. And I will add normal sugar as I have no sweeteners. (We're not following any diets).
    Wishing you a happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy, lovely photos from your garden and your walk, such pretty flowers everywhere. Those blueberry muffins look delicious too.
    I've heard about poison oak but never seen it before, sounds painful getting blisters.
    So pleased to hear your DH is managing to get out on his boat, that will give him a boast to do something he enjoys as long as he doesn't overdo it.
    Have a lovely week. keep safe. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thank you I will make these muffins again for sure. Larry had a wonderful evening on the lake-got to see the sunset over the lake as well

      Delete
  14. Love all the lush greenery- except the poison that is. I too am very allergic to the poisons so I no longer do any weeding.
    Your blueberry muffins look yummy.
    Glad to hear your hubby will be able to get out on the boat again. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, Larry really needed this morale booster for sure-they had a perfect evening on the lake

      Delete
  15. You have been having a busy week Kathy, the garden and land around your home looks lovely and those wild flowers are a beautiful sight to have close by.
    I liked the sound and look of the muffins you have been making.
    Ejoy using the ice cream maker
    Its also good news that your husband will be able to get out on the boat soon.
    Happy T day wishes,
    stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, yes Larry and his fishing buddy had a wonderful evening on the lake-they stayed out just before the rains came in

      Delete
  16. You're like the Energizer Bunny, Kathy. Boy you got a lot done in the yard. It will be beautiful when everything is in bloom.

    Thanks or sharing your lovely walk. These four walls are getting pretty boring ;-)

    I hope Larry enjoy his first fishing outing. His has been a long hard haul.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks-It was a push to get this all done-and now with all the rains coming in still since 10 pm last night they will be watered in good Larry had a much needed good time on the lake-no fish but they had a gorgeous sunset to view he said

      Delete
  17. Hooray for an ice cream maker and hubby going fishing :) The class was expensive, I see why you hesitated to join. I hope your poison ivy heals quickly! The link for the recipe wasn't there that I could see and her blog sounds interesting. I hope to post later today so if you think of it, maybe you can comment with a link? Enjoy your muffins and your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tested the link again and it does work so don't know what happened. I added the link to your latest blog post in comments

      Delete
  18. Wow, what a busy week you had! Your garden is looking so lovely and so glad to see the eagle again and for him to say hello 😊. It's great that Larry is having fun fishing with his buddies too, you both must live living by the lake! Those blueberry muffins look delicious - Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo Yes I was happy to hear and see the eagle again. Larry and his friend had a really nice time out on the lake. I made a second batch of the muffins-they are really good

      Delete
  19. Wow your garden looks fabulous. I can tell lots of work has gone into it. The muffins look good too. OH NO poison Ivy. Sounds like you are doing the right things to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you its better now but I have spots that are still bad-I never got anything to dry out the blisters

      Delete
  20. Careful of the poison ivy! Yikes!...last time I got into some poison oak I had to take steroids to get it under control.
    The muffins look tasty. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually what happens to me too needing a dose of steroids-this time I am getting buy.
      this is a good recipe for sure

      Delete
  21. Your garden looks very nice and the blueberry muffins look delicious …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cheering post! I don't know here my time has gone this week! I love that you are sorting your garden, what a great job you have done so far! Sorry you were attacked by the poison ivy! I don't think we have that here but I recall getting stung by nettles lots of times! The wild flowers on your walk look beautiful. Lovely to see the eagle too! Such good news about Larry - he will enjoy going fishing with his friend. Maybe there will be more time for you to make lovely journal pages such as this one!! Very belated T Day wishes, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris thank you-yes I felt good getting this plants in their new home. I have heard of nettles not being good to bump into. they are here too I think but don't know what they look like.
      I took another walk this morning and there is another batch of wildflowers coming on-I didn't bring my camera-have bright yellow daisy look to them.
      Larry and his friend had a wonderful evening out on the lake-they both needed it- no fish though nothing was biting.
      I did a painting today will share on T hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit